Captain
# 1 An apology
12-03-2012, 06:31 PM
There is a hebrew saying: Pride before a fall.

And that saying I will heed to now. I wish to apologize first to my own fleet for my rash and far outspoken manner on fleets do and do nots. I admit it was foolish, stupit, borderline pathetic, and I wish top rectify that before my last shred of credibility and dignity flies out the window. Secondly i wish to apologise to the pvp community for my rubbish behaviour and hope I can still contibute where I can.

Finally I still stand on my descion to withdraw from the bootcamp. Given the unfortunate circumstance ive caused, such conduct Ive shown will not reflect well on the bootcamps spirit and intent. So to spare them, I will not participate.

This is final if Sargon or others dont have a bloody good reason why to even bother having me present.

Thanks for reading.

Dev
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 2
12-03-2012, 06:34 PM
everyone makes mistakes.

stick with the bootcamp.

meh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 3
12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
everyone makes mistakes.

stick with the bootcamp.

meh
I will not. It will undermine all they stand for if I do join.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 4
12-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
I will not. It will undermine all they stand for if I do join.
i dont see how...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 5
12-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Personally, I think folks took it a little too seriously. Being somebody that's er, allowed my frustration to come to the fore - it appeared pretty obvious that is what it was. It wasn't suggesting folks attempt anatomically impossible acts with farm animals and relatives, but the frustration was evident. The anger was evident - the pain of it - that something you enjoyed was being reduced to what it is...and the possibility that you might need to compromise yourself to continue. Yep, that was all there...

...folks really just took it too seriously, imho.

Dookie happens - it's not like you posted for weeks on end about the irrefutable truth of using trics and AMS on a shuttle, eh?
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Commander
# 6
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Nah, you're a good guy Devoras. I think frustrations with the game get the worst of us out and onto these forums. As long as you fight the good fight, you're one of the good guys Devoras.

But Devoras, an old Hebrew proverb also says: "The more you add, the worse it gets."

So stick to the bootcamp, the good fight to help PvP, and leave everything else as though it never happened...

Nitra?e bekarov!
Captain
# 7
12-03-2012, 07:38 PM
So, you flipped your ****. You ****ed up. Embarrassed your fleet. Made yourself look like a fool.

Now you're going to own up by bailing on what is, probably, the one major thing that can most help new players to learn the ropes of STO, depriving them of your first hand experience with STO's PvP?

I call bull****.

The real embarrassment would be backing out on your commitment because you made a mistake and rage posted on the STO forums. Especially when you're now a living example of why and how important it is to have a level of detachment when playing PvP. Don't use your mistake as an excuse to bury your head in the sand and back out. Grit your teeth and move forward.

The only way this would really, truly reflect poorly on the program is, if instead of analyzing what your mistakes were and working damned hard to improve upon them, the heart of all PvP, you simply ran away.

/end ??motivational?? rant
Captain
# 8
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
dude, yer cool in my book

have fun kill bad guys
Career Officer
# 9
12-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
So, you flipped your ****. You ****ed up. Embarrassed your fleet. Made yourself look like a fool.

Now you're going to own up by bailing on what is, probably, the one major thing that can most help new players to learn the ropes of STO, depriving them of your first hand experience with STO's PvP?

I call bull****.

The real embarrassment would be backing out on your commitment because you made a mistake and rage posted on the STO forums. Especially when you're now a living example of why and how important it is to have a level of detachment when playing PvP. Don't use your mistake as an excuse to bury your head in the sand and back out. Grit your teeth and move forward.

The only way this would really, truly reflect poorly on the program is, if instead of analyzing what your mistakes were and working damned hard to improve upon them, the heart of all PvP, you simply ran away.

/end ??motivational?? rant
^ Watch out, internet macho man here, people skills not required ^

Aytanhi of TSI, TSI fleet founder and leader OrganizedPVP channel Admin
Feel free to ask me about PVP or starship strategies. "No, I am not Borg!"
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match
Career Officer
# 10
12-03-2012, 08:20 PM
The more people that help the better chance we have as a community. So don't leave, dude.

Your other threads have good insight, the kind of stuff beyond build choice that needs to be inculcated into the general PvP population.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.