Captain
Looks like Batman going out to fight the transformers on cybertron:

http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2012/12/03/...jpg_155636.jpg
Captain
# 2
12-03-2012, 07:08 PM
LOL yes it does look like that. The first thing that popped into my mind was "This has J.J. written all over it." Just by looking at this thing, I can tell that the plot will probably be terrible. Just look at 2012 (that movie that came out in... not 2012). It sucked. I'm never watching that thing ever again. My family and I only watched it because it was on Netflix. It'll probably be the same with this move but on Amazon Prime.

My goodness, I'm trying and failing to find the Star Trek in that thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 3
12-03-2012, 07:10 PM
There is nothing in that poster the symbolises Star Trek oh well looks like another bad ST film
Captain
# 4
12-03-2012, 07:13 PM
I just realized there is one thing that is related to Trek. Look carefully at the shape of the hole in the wall and the pile of rubble he's standing on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
I just realized there is one thing that is related to Trek. Look carefully at the shape of the hole in the wall and the pile of rubble he's standing on...
Well, that's mildly clever that they did that with the picture.

Captain
# 6
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone would pick out that the hole was done is the shape of the Star Trek Insignia.

The rest is Pure Batman/transformers/Terminator - looks like there my be lots of gun fights - and of course it would not be a JJ film without an explosion every 5 min.

Has the American population gotten so low an attention span now they can't go 5 min without something exploding?
Captain
# 7
12-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Don't blame America for this one.
And this wasn't made to appeal to Star Trek fans.
The producers of this dreck have essentially told Star Trek fans to get out of the way and make room for a new generation.

Last edited by maxvitor; 12-03-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Captain
# 8
12-03-2012, 11:51 PM
As I said in the other thread... I hope this is a cruel prank.....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 9
12-04-2012, 12:11 AM
This is what Star Trek will be from now on. Its the same reason why this game is also like this, seeking out new civilizations... to blast them apart. Granted we haven't seen anything really new in STO and have been blasting away old enemies and friends alike.

Is it because of Cryptic/PWE's fault? Yes, their storywriters seem to have some limits in their scope.

But is it solely their fault? No, because there are many more players who lap up this kind of stuff. For every person that swears never to touch a lockbox, there are several more paying hundreds to get ahead in this game. Just as there are many more people who have never seen Star Trek before who are loving the Abramsverse, and/or STO. Or worse still, people who just never got the ol Star Trek, but totally dig Abrams' vision.

Gene was no saint, but he created something special that all of us saw. Back then our numbers were few, and even now that remains so. The Star Trek fanbase had just gained a lot of STO/Abrams fans.

Perhaps, that is our fate, as true Star Trek connoiseurs, to be forever drowned by the masses, even within our very own starships.

We should welcome this change, for it keeps our dear series alive. Because that is what we as Starfleet Officers and Honorable Warriors all stand for, welcoming and asking for a good fight.

But as long as we remember, as long as one more remastered BD ends up on a child's desk and opens his or her eyes to this promise of our future, Gene's and Rick's Star Trek will never perish!!

Iori: Ah... There you go again. :/
Hachi: Who asked for a grand speech. ._.
Pion: But... that was, kinda cool!
Frisha: Noisy.
Kha: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 12-04-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-04-2012, 12:45 AM
I really don't see much of the big deal. When I went to see JJ's Trek, I knew it would be completely different from the old version I grew to love, and I was okay with that. It was Star Trek, but it was seperate, and I loved it

It's a subtle, but crucial distinction. This new Trek will go on, and you'll still have the old Trek, and I find nothing wrong with that.

-A simple opinion from a Trek fan who likes both versions, though he grew up with the TOS dvds.

(Btw, the Federation chevron look in the poster is pretty cool )
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 12-04-2012 at 12:52 AM.