Captain
# 1 Omega Rep Anti Borg Weapons
12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
So today i went ahead and unlocked the new XII anti borg assault weapons, assuming that logically my pulsewave would be under assault, hense the name "Pulsewave Assault". To my great irritation its not there, all i have is a blast assault, assault minigun, and a full auto rifle. So now I must ask the question, WHERE IS MY PULSEWAVE? If someone messed up swapped it with the full auto rifle and I just have to unlock Rifles then fine, but I'd like to know that before unlocking rifles as I have no interest in any of them.
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
That definitely sounds like an accidental swap... Full Auto is a Rifle, not an Assault weapon, according to STOwiki.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 12-03-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Captain
# 3
12-03-2012, 10:51 PM
My understanding of Assault Weapons and Rifles is that Assault Weapons fire a ton of shots at once and Rifles fire only one or two shots at once. Pulsewave Assault seems more like an energy shotgun so it doesn't fit as an Assault Weapon. I will unlock the rifle store unlocks tomorrow so I will list them if no one else has.
Captain
# 4
12-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Had 3 rifles unlocked, but no Pulsewave Assault for Rifles.
Career Officer
# 5
12-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Can someone answer the following for me: Are the anti-borg weapons strictly Anti-Proton as they appear(ed last I checked) among the unlock projects, or are there Phaser, Disruptor and/or other versions in there too (the old Omega store selection, basically)...

I've been holding off on getting any of these items unlocked as I've really no interest in anti-protons, for mostly cosmetic 'canon' reasons. (I haven't read anything about a phaser shortage, so...)

From what I can see, they might want to go ahead and update those projects anyway, to display more clearly what exactly each unlocks.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 12-04-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Captain
# 6
12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I can confirm the new anti borg weapons are antiproton only. Also a warning on the romulan assault weapons, they are even worse than the anti borg ones. All you get on romulan is a minigun.

These projects need to be relabeled immediately to give a more honest description of what is included, as far as I am concerned I have just been ripped off not once but twice on two different projects that did not include what they should have included. What a waste of time.
Captain
# 7
12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Strictly Antiproton. There are 3 types of weapons for rifles, Sniper, High Density Beam, and Split Beam. With each rifle having the Borg, CritD, and a bonus you can choose. For the Romulan Rifles are only High Density Beam and it looks like Romulan Weapons are Plasma Disruptors. So they only have two bonuses with the Disruptor proc taking up the other bonus.
Commander
# 8
12-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Do these have the [Borg] modifier? Can someone post a pic of the stats on one of these Anti-Borg weapons please?
Captain
# 9
12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Yes they have the borg modifier. They are the same as the old anti borg weapons but now the modifier gives a 10% damage bonus vs borg, delt as kinetic like the old one. So with a pulsewave for example the secondary fire would deal about 25 kinetic damage instead of 15, just at the base stats, much much more if buffed up. That is if they would include a pulsewave......
Captain
# 10
12-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Good information - glad I caught this post. Was just about to develop the assault option - so glad I didn't.