Captain
# 91
12-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
London is overdue.
Tokyo gets nailed every time a new giant monster is born, it's kind of miraculous that San Fransisco hasn't slid into the sea by the 23th Century and I think New York has been blown up enough for everyone's tastes for a while.
So it's either London or Vegas.
California became an island in one of those Sci-Fi movies. Some earthquake finally broke it free at the fault. I didn't get to see the whole movie, just caught the tail end of it.
Captain
# 92
12-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie1966 View Post
Vegas has had it share:

Damnation Alley (1977)

Mars Attacks! (1996)

Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)

2012 (2009)

Destruction: Las Vegas (made for TV movie - 2013)

San Francisco is due to slide in about 18 days.
I'm discounting events where the whole planet gets screwed. and it's December already, damn I need to update my doomsday calender
Captain
# 93
12-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Star Trek universe is powered by the needs of the plot, not destiny.
And big explosions.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 94
12-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Yep having killed Kirk he is now after Piccard

Barclay

etc

of course London is better able to defend itself than san francisco

and the movie with the california earthquake is probably "escape from LA"
Captain
# 95
12-04-2012, 05:45 AM
Heres a thought..if Piicard never existed as the Picard we know...does that mean Riker becomes Locutus?

..if that happened, the borg would be no threat as the Queen would be too busy to assimilate (Don't come a'knockin' if the borg nexus is a'rockin!)

..best way to stop the borg ever :p
Survivor of Romulus
# 96
12-04-2012, 05:58 AM
i wish abrams never got his hands on trek.

the guy even states that he doesnt like star trek and is a star wars fan. and it shows in his film if u can get past the lense flare
Career Officer
# 97
12-04-2012, 06:10 AM
abrams doesn't create trek. he creates a generic space themed adventure movie which could be almost anything to be honest. i refuse to accept it as trek but it is entertaining. I will watch it but not accept it. I think i would be more open to accepting it if they hadnt have done such a terrible job with the new ship design. i understand a change of the timeline or as i see it an alternate timeline or universe but why would the ship change soo much. its not a reincarnation of the original constitution class design, its blasphemy! And why does the ship have turret like cannons instead of beam arrays. anyway i will watch but if i ever see JJ abrams in the street, no matter how unlikely that is i will kick him square in the nuts for trying to destroy the awesomeness of star trek.
Long Live The Empire!
Career Officer
# 98
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Kirk became a captain as an ADULT and after many years as a competent officer
kirkie from JJ verse becomes a captain at an age when he should have been an Ensign
and thus is incompetent

Aged 35
not 20

so you claim the Chekovs could only think of one name for Both sons??
he is the same man and as old as kirk
Sulu is also in the same class
its just a cop out

give me a timeship for the DAY and ill erase the whole mess AND make Starfleet safe for a millenia
Both Kirks were born in 2233.

J.J.-verse Kirk was born prematurely in January 2233, started the Academy at age 22 after a record of petty crime, and took command of the Enterprise at 25.

Regular Kirk was born on time in March 2233, started the Academy at age 17, and took command of the Enterprise at 31.

The events of the Star Trek film by Abrams took place contemporary with when Kirk would have been a Lieutenant aboard the Farragut in the prime timeline.

And J.J. verse Chekov is 8 years younger than Kirk. And the Chekovs had one kid and had him earlier, presumably giving him the same family name they'd have given their only son had they waited.

Again, I think you're reaching to add plotholes because you didn't like the film. Just because you didn't like it, doesn't make every change a plothole.
Career Officer
# 99
12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Yep having killed Kirk he is now after Piccard

Barclay

etc

of course London is better able to defend itself than san francisco

and the movie with the california earthquake is probably "escape from LA"
Picard's family is all French. London doesn't affect them.
Survivor of Romulus
# 100
12-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
Heres a thought..if Piicard never existed as the Picard we know...does that mean Riker becomes Locutus?

..if that happened, the borg would be no threat as the Queen would be too busy to assimilate (Don't come a'knockin' if the borg nexus is a'rockin!)

..best way to stop the borg ever :p
Actually there would be no Locutus (as the Borg would never come to the sector)
See with no piccard there is no first contact with the Borg

OR the Borg Queen assimilates Wesley "lousless of borg" and the ship implodes when he tries to make the cube into a tractor beam

OR the borg arrive and a very elderly jj Kirk spins up in the Enterprise
Shout "Fire Everything" and the cube falls to bits

OR The Borg arrive and the Galaxy say "yes assimilate us we can't stand anymore Bad Trek films"

and No Piccard is English as well and anyway France was wiped out in the next film