Career Officer
# 1 They really were right...
12-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Those who claimed to have experience with PWE when the purchase of Cryptic was announced. They predicted PWE would latch onto the game...monetize EVERYTHING....then suck cash out of it like a vampire until nothing is left but an empty husk.

There really is nothing redeeming about it.

No real new content....just new ways to reach for the players wallets.
Captain
# 2
12-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Yeah, no content except for that whole new sector and a massive planet.. And the new STFs and new space missions. Those damned cheapskates.
Captain
# 3
12-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Yeah, no content except for that whole new sector and a massive planet.. And the new STFs and new space missions. Those damned cheapskates.
hey now is easier to rant about how a company keeps the servers on for the game you play than to actually log in the game and check the new s*** .As we all know everything has to be free and who cares about the devs need money for their work
Captain
# 4
12-04-2012, 04:27 AM
"Captain. The aliens language has confounded the universal translators. "

"On screen"

"Wharrrgarble! Whargarble! Wharrrrr! Whargarble!"
# 5
12-04-2012, 04:57 AM
In the good old days (last year), Cryptic would have released a pile of new episodes to go with Tau Dewa that would have advanced the New Romulus story arc and given players a chance to fight the Tal Shiar directly for the soul of the Romulan people. The level cap would've been raised like it should have been ages ago and we would have felt like the game was really progressing instead of remaining a stagnant grind.

How the high and mighty have forgotten what made this game great.
Career Officer
# 6
12-04-2012, 04:57 AM
It would be nice to get story missions... Which is just what I thought Season 7 was all about - the next round of story missions to follow up after the Undine line. Alas, it isn't.

Season 7 was a huge wave of short grind missions to supplement our new grind store to buy another store to get an item.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-04-2012, 05:33 AM
They want money?
To quote anakin: "noooooooooooooooo!"

I never mind paying for stuff. I will gladly spend money on good stuff they offer.
But I am kdf and they don't want my money.
Captain
# 8
12-04-2012, 05:50 AM
I have a bad feeling about this. PWE may have just managed to monetize Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
12-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
They want money?
To quote anakin: "noooooooooooooooo!"

I never mind paying for stuff. I will gladly spend money on good stuff they offer.
But I am kdf and they don't want my money.
Quoted for TRUTH!
I got money sitting right here waiting for KDF content. What we need is a MMO Executive that is willing to take it.
Rihannsu
# 10
12-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
agreed.

the game was going free to play. every free to play game is monetized and yet strangely all the people who complain about the game being monetized and how they have to spend all this cash always conveniently forgot you can play the entire game for free and they dont have to pay anything. 100% for free and everything is optional. its entirly our choice how much money we all choose to spend. if that sum is zero then you can still enjoy the game for nothing, and its only gate is how much you want to play to earn the rewards.

you can earn zen by dilithium trading (which is at an incredible 111 per zen) thats almost giving zen points away and you can buy most of the new stuff on the exchange, again just for earning EC in game.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Closed Thread