Commander
If it were possible,would you run a fleet with just you and doffs only??????
Personally yes i would. would you?????
Captain
# 2
12-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
If it were possible,would you run a fleet with just you and doffs only??????
Personally yes i would. would you?????
It was possible before Season 7.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-04-2012, 08:02 AM
It's still possible. Takes a network of alts to generate all the dilithium in a reasonable timeframe (doffs aren't so bad now, as all inputs are common, doff splitting is still free, and you'll generate far, far more fleet credits than you'll use, letting you burn most of them in fleet doffs to pump back into the base - thanks to your huge surplus in fleet credits, doffs are honestly less of a problem for a solo fleet than a mid sized fleet that's actually buying lots of provisions). Fleet credits rapidly become the limiting factor on upgrades.

It's expensive, and don't count on any hope of seeing a tier 5 starbase. A tier 3 embassy should be attainable - there are a handful of solo starbases at tier 3, and the embassy is cheaper.

Last edited by hevach; 12-04-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Rihannsu
# 4
12-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
It's still possible. Takes a network of alts to generate all the dilithium in a reasonable timeframe (doffs aren't so bad now, as all inputs are common, doff splitting is still free, and you'll generate far, far more fleet credits than you'll use, letting you burn most of them in fleet doffs to pump back into the base - thanks to your huge surplus in fleet credits, doffs are honestly less of a problem for a solo fleet than a mid sized fleet that's actually buying lots of provisions). Fleet credits rapidly become the limiting factor on upgrades.

It's expensive, and don't count on any hope of seeing a tier 5 starbase. A tier 3 embassy should be attainable - there are a handful of solo starbases at tier 3, and the embassy is cheaper.
how do you get the required Fleet Marks after the last update?

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Lieutenant
# 5
12-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Something like this is probably coming before the middle of 2013. It will more than likely be in the form of "Shipboard Reputation." I think it will be pretty interesting and possible set up the possibility for allow you to assign specific roles to bridge officers - ie: Chief Medical, Chief Engineer, etc
Captain
# 6
12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I really didn't see anything worthwhile in the embassy for a small/solo fleet, it seems more like a total vanity project for large fleets.
Career Officer
# 7
12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Oh, a person should be able to reach Tier 5 on their own.

...In about a few years, give or take.
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 8
12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
I really didn't see anything worthwhile in the embassy for a small/solo fleet, it seems more like a total vanity project for large fleets.
So alternate kits are of no interest to you? I've been wanting to combine various abilities from different kits together, so I'm rather hoping these will have something along the lines of what I really want to use.

What about the Romulan and Reman sets? Those don't interest you at all?

How about the new plasma weapons? Plasma isn't nearly as poor as people make it out to be!

Everything I mentioned above hardly qualifies as "vanity".
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes you can (I do )

Some people run alt fleets in my case Scicom and KSD
Its slower and getting marks is a pain

But not much slower and no one can rob the bank
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
No, that would be silly.