Lt. Commander
# 11
08-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Can I get the cool rocket boots that spock uses and fly phaser people to death?
Nope, rocket boots are Perpetual version only, remember :p?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2009, 01:01 AM
I personally would like to know more about the non-combat elements of the game. Say for example, how is exploring, crafting and non-mission time going to work? Also, what about Roleplaying? What elements and tools are being added to give us a vast array of things to do which make our character act and behave how we want them too?

And finally, you knew it was coming. Ship interiors (i.e. player housing or ship quarters whatever you want to call it). For me this is very important and will add enormous depth to the game. I agree with Cryptic entirely when they say they don't want it to be a bullet point on a box and want it to be something really interactive and special. I accept it isnt going in for launch but any idea when we will get it? And more so what will we be getting? What are the plans for ship interiors? Anything would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Ground Combat Question
08-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Will the personal force field that ground combatants have be in any way customizible or augmentable?

Will players be able to use those factors to create a situation where they are able to shrug off dozens of rounds of enemy fire?

I ask because with the existence of personal force fields seems to create a ground combat situation more like standard MMOs and less like anything that I've ever seen on screen. You'll have guys with augmented shields "Tanks", guys with high skills and heavy weapons "DPS", and Medics with these new ranged tri-corders "Healers".

Cryptic broke the MMO trinity in City of Heroes. Is it looking to reestablish the holy MMO trinity with STO?
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Wow....Could we possibly have scheduled this at a time when.... oh say...we all aren't working???

wtg guys
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSkin View Post
Wow....Could we possibly have scheduled this at a time when.... oh say...we all aren't working???

wtg guys
I'm going to say probably not since they have to schedule it when they are working. Coming to this forum may be your hobby, but programming this game is their job. What would you have them do? Come into the office at 8pm their time so that you can hear them? When was the last time you went into work at 9pm or 3am or something like that?

Yeah, they're not going to either. You really need to get some perspective before getting upset at them.

Besides, a transcript of this will be available shortly afterward. They always are.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-11-2009, 03:22 AM
I have a question related to this answer to Ask Cryptic:

Quote:
Shatterhand: Will these "kits" be supplied to your character automatically upon creation, or will there be a mission or procedure through which they'll be unlocked and ready for use/enhancement?

Kits are basically items that make special skills available, and youíll be granted two Kits at character creation. So if youíre a Science officer, youíll receive a Science Kit and a Medical Kit. If youíre an Engineer, youíll receive a Shield Generator Kit and a Weapons Malfunction Kit. (The different Kits make different skills available, so youíll be able to choose how you want to play your character from the very beginning.) We may increase the starting Kits to three, but itís currently two. However, youíll be able to acquire more Kits through missions and rewards.
So, since there are kits, i was wondering if every item of the kits is permanent, or if part of the items are "spendable" and you need to re-buy or refill it. An example would be an stim-pack with lets say 20 charges. After you use the 20 charges you would need to "buy" more with your "carisma points" (or whatever it is you name your status points with Starfleet / Klingon Empire).
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSkin View Post

wtg guys
I understand it might be bad for your timezone, but to be honest, it's great for me and other europeans.
I have missed some of the previous chats because they were 2am CET, and some others I assisted anyway at 2am but the day after it was a pain to get up in the morning.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Exactly Redleader, just perfect for getting home from work, grabbing some dinner and a cup of tea to sit down at the computer with!
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-11-2009, 04:47 AM
It has been said that when you beam down it is only to a specific area. Can I fly to any of the canon planets, like Trill or Bajor and explore, or can I only do it if I am on a mission?
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-11-2009, 07:07 AM
When beaming down to a planet, Do we have the option to beam down alone or do we always have to bring a bridge officer / other player along? (Sometimes I just want a little ME time y'know? :p )