Career Officer
# 21
12-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I think its pretty safe to say that EVERYONE agrees - (even the top level gear people) - getting 1 shot killed or even 2 shot killed - is stupid.

I almost never get 1 shot killed and before the last patch rarely got 2 shot killed and only when not paying attention - but lately have been getting 2 shot killed quit a lot - that is just silly.

making them take longer to kill = OK stronger.

Making them kill you in a couple seconds = Not ok stronger!
Agreed, did my first few Elites since the S7 patch last night. Being one shotted through 100% shields and hull is neither fun, rewarding or fair.

Make them harder to kill or give them more abilities, but to simply up there damage to the point where it is undefendable just makes the devs look sloppy.....
Career Officer
# 22
12-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Stuff the Borg. They're not interesting, they've been done to death and back again and have become a dull cliche.

The Dev's had the right idea with the Tholians and New Romulus - give us the Iconians or something too. The Borg are overrated, overused and tired and I don't see why they keep getting recycled in content at the expense of new enemies/story/content.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Empire Veteran
# 23
12-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Stuff the Borg. They're not interesting, they've been done to death and back again and have become a dull cliche.

The Dev's had the right idea with the Tholians and New Romulus - give us the Iconians or something too. The Borg are overrated, overused and tired and I don't see why they keep getting recycled in content at the expense of new enemies/story/content.
Because the Borg is the only thing best they can rehash over and over and over again, without completely overhauling the system or adding true value content.

You are in essence gettng bargain bin programing for the fraction of the cost that it takes to develop better endgame content. Takes more time, money, and intelligence to actually design a new bigger, badder enemy with a backdrop story.

The STO version of the Borg are badly designed, they don't even use the proper weaponry from the television series, probably because it is too much effort for CRYPTIC to implement the proper weapons the Borg use.

Borg DO NOT use Plasma weapons
Borg DO NOT use Plasma Torpedoes

Borg do USE the following:

There Offense:

1. cutting beams

2. magnetometric guided charges

3. missiles

4. tractor beams

There Defenses:

1. Deflector shields

2. subspace field

3. electromagnetic field

4. regeneration

5. force field

Here is another sad story:

An even bigger nemesis, far worse than the Borg isn't given any attention at all - Thats right folks, the Undine. Remember thos tripeds nasties that obliterated an entire Fleet of Borg Cubes - Yes, them - (By the way the Voyager series killed the concept of the Undine as the next badass villian / Lame Trek series ever next to Enterprise)

Last edited by stark2k; 12-04-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Captain
# 24
12-04-2012, 03:26 AM
What new strength of the Borg? I don't run STFs anymore, especially with this nonsense about Omega marks. Almost all my playtime is in Ker'rat, and I can still solo the cubes there with my hit-and-run Hegh'ta build. I can kill spheres with a single attack of BO2 + RF2 + HY3 quantums + Attack Pattern Omega + optional FOMM.

Maybe they're tougher in STFs. I don't care anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-04-2012, 03:54 AM
... borg also used gravimetric torpedos.
Commander
# 26
12-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Are the Borg tougher in S7? I suppose yes, as evidenced that I am dying more now where I seldom or did not die in ISE or KASE before. CSE is harder. The most likely reason is the assimilated console changes and increased DoT to hull. I am flying a well equipped MVAE. I expect to be a little easier to kill and often run with groups that aren't so great at support.

I like challenge. My only problem is with ground STFs. I like running ground ops. It's my favorite and my character bios reflect this. Personal Shield Generators are just too weak, especially with regard to Elite Tac Drones. One burst and you lose all your shield and 60% of health. The next action would be pop a heal. Restores the health bar but shields are still zip. Then the next hit from that Tac and a drone and you are waiting to be rez'd or respawning.

PSGs and armor should stop damage. Biological bodies are soft and squishy and don't deal well with contact with plasma, charged particles, radiation, and high energy projectiles.
Just say no to ARC
Rihannsu
# 27
12-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
I want the Borg to be more difficult as an opponent, not more unfair. There is a difference.
I want the Borg to be more difficult as an opponent, not more unfair. There is a difference.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Career Officer
# 28
12-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I think the Borg are one of the strongest opponents at the Star Trek universe. So I like the higher strength too!
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
12-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
Wait... did you just... What?