Career Officer
This would probably require some tech but what about fleet contribution matching as a gold perk?

Ie. contributions count twice.

Would that entice people to sub? Would it be worth the effort on Cryptic's part?

Maybe coupled with double contribution calendar events and/or double contribution weekends, that stack?
Career Officer
# 2
12-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Not a bad idea at all. Then again, maybe I just think that because I already have the LTS... Oh well, biased support is still support right?
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Captain
# 3
12-04-2012, 11:05 AM
that would only make those silver player who are leaders in a big fleets (ofcourse depends what rules has each fleet) kick the gold players

the best thing they can do about subs is to add them in the c store.That way dilithium/zen rate would go back abit and you'd get more dilithium for your zen .Most people will sell their dilithium to get subs just to get those vet rewards (ofcourse no 500zen stipend because that would be stupid to pay zen and get zen lol )

Last edited by adrianm63; 12-04-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
12-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
that would only make those silver player who are leaders in a big fleets (ofcourse depends what rules has each fleet) kick the gold players
What are you basing that on? The reaction of "uh-oh, this player is contributing more regularly, I'd better kick them"? Doesn't seem terribly likely to me.
Captain
# 5
12-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
What are you basing that on? The reaction of "uh-oh, this player is contributing more regularly, I'd better kick them"? Doesn't seem terribly likely to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Ie. contributions count twice.
yep seems like cheating .I d kick (and Im gold player ...means Id kick myself ) anyone in my fleet for BS my leaderboard with cheats
Career Officer
# 6
12-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
yep seems like cheating .I d kick (and Im gold player ...means Id kick myself ) anyone in my fleet for BS my leaderboard with cheats
Uh... if it's an established working system designed to work in this way it's not cheating by any stretch of the imagination. Also, I think he was talking about double fleet credits and leaving the leaderboard alone, but that's up to the OP to confirm or deny.
Captain
# 7
12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
Also, I think he was talking about double fleet credits and leaving the leaderboard alone, but that's up to the OP to confirm or deny.
thats like the bonus thingy from the lockboxes which is really easy to get at the moment.
Would you sub for that or would you see a reason to sub for bonus ?

I say they should "pimp" those vet rewards and make people want to hit 100 days ,200 .....1000 (legit way) because people like rewards (human feature working as intened ).Like I said they can add subs in c store.That way the exchange rate shuold change abit and that will help me get more dilithium for my zen ....Im officially too cheap to pay 1 zen for 111 dilithium
Career Officer
# 8
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:

the best thing they can do about subs is to add them in the c store.That way dilithium/zen rate would go back abit and you'd get more dilithium for your zen .Most people will sell their dilithium to get subs just to get those vet rewards (ofcourse no 500zen stipend because that would be stupid to pay zen and get zen lol )
You wouldn't get double credits or increased leaderboard status. You'd just get extra contributing ability.

But a fair point, nevertheless.

I think of Caspian as a big fleet or did until I learned that "big fleets" have over 100 members.
Career Officer
# 9
12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
If you got double fleet credit due to a bonus, it won't affect the leaderboard. There are two things you get when you contribute:

Fleet Credit
Lifetime Fleet Credit

Fleet Credit is what you actually get in your inventory to spend on stuff, this is affected by boosts. Lifetime Fleet Credit is what is shown on the leaderboard. This is a reflection of what you have actually contributed. Thus, no issue.

The problem I see is that Gold/LTS members would contribute LESS because they wouldn't need to contribute as much to get what they want.
Commander
# 10
12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
I would subscribe again if the contributions were matched and the Dilithium costs for gear, and the ship modules were removed.