Ensign
# 21
08-05-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm not that familiar with asrock. I don't know if there is a managament software for asrock boards. I searched a bit, but didn't find something that helped.
Ensign
# 22
08-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I tried downloading the game via steam and I don't know why but it works fine, no problems anymore.
Ensign
# 23
08-13-2012, 05:19 AM
I have the same problem and I can't fix it at all.
My computer: i5-3570k, GIGABYTE MB and Video Card.
And I used Steam to install the game.
My computer do not have anything like " Network iControl".
I can play the game till I finish tutorial missions. If I skip tutorial the game will stuck nor after tutorial.
My computer totally works fine with other games such as all BZ games, all steam games, LoL, DC universe. ONLY I can't play STO.
Ensign
# 24
08-14-2012, 04:49 AM
I posted another thread before I saw this, but seems this is pretty much the exact problem I am having aswell, with a similar setup (i7 3770, 16GB RAM, GTX560Ti, SSD). I've raised a ticket but no solution as yet.

Gonna try the NIC driver fix as suggested when I get home, fingers crossed!

Last edited by captainblimbeard; 08-14-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Ensign
# 25
08-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussrevraven View Post
What I did was: Downloaded the driver from the Asus website for my motherboard. I then uninstalled the Intel Networking Components (the only Intel application software I had installed).

I then opened the drivers .zip file and extracted the root folder to my hard drive. Once that was done, I went into Device Manager, selected my network adapter, selected the "Scan for drivers on your hard drive" option and browsed to the folder I extracted from the .zip file.

If the root folder didn't have the driver file, I'd go hit each subfolder and see if it finds it. Eventually it should find the subfolder with the driver for your particular adapter.

This will install the driver for your network adapter without any of the Intel application software and should get STO running, maybe.
I just tried this and it seems to have solved the problem \o/

Thankyou so much !
Ensign
# 26
08-15-2012, 09:31 AM
It worked for a day and now the problem has come back

back to the drawing board....
Ensign
# 27 problems at loging is laging
08-15-2012, 09:01 PM
after I try to login the game lags in retribing maps after a minute or two its star loading maps but it takes a long time and sometimes its says server disconnected and when finaly get in its lags to load everything a long time as much as 20 minutes its just crazy its started today after midday and the game its just very slow even when evrething is loaded to collect the rewards of the doff and to move its just not playable

someone else with the same problem?
Ensign
# 28 Fixed
08-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Greetings.

I recently encountered the same problem. But with the help of this topic i was able to find a solution and i felt compeled to tell you guys. I did a system restore to the time before the problem. And it worked.

I hope this helps any of you.
Ensign
# 29
09-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I had originally posted this in the wrong forum, so I'm reposting it here, and adding to it.

My new mainboard is a Gigabyte board (don't recall the model as I'm at work), with an AMD 965 Phenom II X4 Black Edition, 8GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia 560TI vid card running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Symptoms:

o - Taking forever to load the game at all once character selection was made.

o - After finally logging into Sector space, I could see other ships moving around me, I saw the fx of the game, I could manuever only side to side, up and down, on my center axix.

o - Most game chat channels appeared to not load.

o - Many, if not all, of my bridge officers wouldn't load, or were showing as "None".

o - I couldn't select any skills

o - I couldn't type in chat at all.

I too opened a ticket with support and went through all of the recommendations including:

- Reinstalling the game
- Reinstalling current graphics drivers from Nvidia
- Reinstalling mainboard drivers from Gigabyte
- Defragmenting my hard drives (done automatically once a week already)
- Ran a full error check on my drives in case of bad sectors.

None of this corrected my issue. I ran across this thread and was checking and most folks are using boards that indicate a network adapter of AR813x or AR815x. So I started checking around and found that they're identified as a Qualcomm Arthoros nic module. So I checked for them and finally found a web site with newer drivers than Gigabyte had.
Those drivers are available here: http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/corporat...t.php?nav1=146

Drivers are available here, from the vendor, for the following network adapter families:

AR8121 AR8113 AR8114 Family

AR813X AR815X Family

AR816X Family

L1 Family and L2 Family

I believe that this may help some folks in here with this problem.

Last edited by dredster1; 09-24-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Ensign
# 30
12-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Disabling iNetwork control worked for me. on my ASUS board.
Closed Thread