Career Officer
# 11
12-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I love how they are giving something away FOR FREE and we still find people to complain.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Republic Veteran
# 12
12-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Why would I want an ugly ship even if it's free?
if it's that cheaply available it can't (or shouldn't) be lockbox powerful, not even fleet ship powerful, at best C-Store powerful.
i assume it is character bound and comes with a special console of some kind?
Because he's Q

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 13
12-04-2012, 12:22 PM
An interesting method for getting the Breen ship. Yet I would have rather had a free federation or KDF prototype ship (like the original free odessey). Save the non faction ships for the lock box cash grinder.

But still looks like fun!
Captain
# 14
12-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
I don't want to be like the Grinch, but there is unfortunetly, once again, a ton of grind involved. Don't get me wrong. I love the fact that you offer players a free ship, but was it really necessary to set it up to 25 days of daily non stop rinse and repeat of sth that is supposed to be fun? Isn't it that what it's about during such an event?

I have nothing against working for something, but seriously 10 days would have been more than enough.
And by the way. The Lobi trade in amount is ridiculously low when you consider that you are actually paying real money for Lobi.
Since when does a 2-minute race every day qualify as a "grind"?

I like this setup a LOT better than last year's winter event. Great work, Cryptic! Keep it up!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 15
12-04-2012, 12:26 PM
I say Bravo Cryptic! You're not making us jump through hoops, you're not making us pay though the nose, you're not going to leave us with a bitter taste after last year. Well done I say!
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
I love how they are giving something away FOR FREE and we still find people to complain.
Indeed. I bet some would complain about a free ship that required no effort to obtain that was able to fire your fave flavor of ice cream out of the screen and into real life.
Captain
# 17
12-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
that is really sad if they'd mean it ,but I think most troll.
Captain
# 18
12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
I've so got to get me one of these

[Token Complaint]
Shame it's not the Sarr Theln, though.
[/Token Complaint]
Rihannsu
# 19
12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes, can you please say which of these items are character bound, and which can be traded.

In the spirit of the season, it would be nice if we could give Q pictures to someone else to help them complete their ship, since it seems to be impossible to get more than one without Lobi. Or, in the coruption of the spirit of the season, let us use alts to collect pictures and give them to one character. Unless the old race is now not a daily event?

Also, is the ship and snowball weapons bound on pickup, so can we trade them to another character if we don't want them?

And finally, any pictures of the new outfits and scarfs?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Rihannsu
# 20
12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Colour me impressed.

Same events as last year making a return, allowing us to collect more of the items from last year. Check!
Improvements to last years items Check!
New items added Check!

New events added, with new items Check!

New speciality ship, that is obtainable by all for not too much grind (5mins/day for 25 days)

Looks like its gonna be a nice holiday event
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )