Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 11
12-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
I didn't mean to suggest that you haven't and won't spend money on STO. I still want to know what you find wrong with my proposal.
Well 1: No ingame currency is allowed to be bought... Cryptic / PWE politics, and quite frankly, I think it's a stupid idea, that could open op for all in-game items to be bought through the store for real money... Considering the way Cryptic / PWE does buissness, that WOULD be the next step... I will not support a idea that will open those gates.

And it will happen, regardless if you think it will or not.

2: All you'd do by your proposal, is lock the dil exchange into a 1:1 ratio matching the conversion rate in the store.

3: The "weaker" out there would end up spending money at all times to get their in-game stuff... I've seen it happen in my fleet as it is now... I don't want it to become potentially worse.

Go ahead... reject all my reasons...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 12
12-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

>SNIP<

Go ahead... reject all my reasons...
I would if I could... ...But I can't... ...So I won't.
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
12-04-2012, 12:15 PM
And Yeah back to all subscription would be a good idea

OR Split into two servers one ftp and one sub only with NO connection between them
Career Officer
# 14
12-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Cryptic created the market because it allows PLAYERS to determine the worth of dilithium. They realize that this will maximize their profits. Of course, if they think the value of dilithium is too low, they can adjust the amount missions award, but ultimately, they realize the value in the player determining how much real currency he will pay for in-game currency.