Lieutenant
# 71
12-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The changes mentioned in the blog will affect boots from last year as well as new ones obtained this year.
Top score! Thanks ! =)
Empire Veteran
# 72
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
The changes mentioned in the blog will affect boots from last year as well as new ones obtained this year.
Ok, so some items were made perm, but some items, the special commodities, that were bound last year are still bound?
Why weren't they turned tradeable again?
Will using the special commodities to purchase the Winter gears, draw from the Bound pool first, before drawing from the tradeable pool?

I mean, if the purchasing of Winter gears automatically took the bound pieces FIRST, then the "don't mix the bound and unbound" issue will be taken care of.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...

Last edited by darkstarkirian; 12-04-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Captain
# 73 Please Consider my request
12-04-2012, 02:12 PM
As I asked in my other thread - I am sure this idea for the free ship would go over even better if it could be reduced to 20 days instead of 25.

Given that this is a very busy season for most people i am sure that everyone would be thrilled with that news, Just changing it to 50 pictures per daily run. I know you can supplement with Lobi, but you know what people are going to say if you mention that.

20 days out of 35 days is a still more than half and still a lot of times especially if you want it on several Alts.

Just saying a little extra "good will" can only be a positive thing for Cryptic right now - especially given this slow season for the game due to real life obligations.

its the little thing is all.

Thanks.
Career Officer
# 74
12-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Ok, so some items were made perm, but some items, the special commodities, that were bound last year are still bound?
Will using the special commodities to purchase the Winter gears, draw from the Bound pool first, before drawing from the tradeable pool?

I mean, if the purchasing of Winter gears automatically took the bound pieces FIRST, then the "don't mix the bound and unbound" issue will be taken care of.
Put your unbound ones in the Account shared bank before buying anything from the vendors.
The Account shared bank isn't used automatically, so any bound pieces you have will be used from your personal bank or inventory. Then, you can put the unbound ones back in your personal bank or inventory to spend or trade.
U.S.S. Marathon - NX-392781
Cryptic Studios Team
# 75
12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Because the changes made to the Boots are power-related, and can be changed without requiring any sort of fix-up script. An item that is Bound, however, cannot ever be Unbound without doing a database crawl to manually flip those flags on each copy of the item owned by every character in the database, and this type of fix-up script is something that is always running on the server. Every time we add another fix-up to the game, it has a small effect on overall performance and stability, so we try only to do it when totally necessary.

Quote:
I don't know the order they will be chosen. If you want to try and "force" the Bound versions to be used first, place any new Unbound versions in your bank. I believe they should draw from your inventory first.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 76
12-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Because the changes made to the Boots are power-related, and can be changed without requiring any sort of fix-up script. An item that is Bound, however, cannot ever be Unbound without doing a database crawl to manually flip those flags on each copy of the item owned by every character in the database, and this type of fix-up script is something that is always running on the server. Every time we add another fix-up to the game, it has a small effect on overall performance and stability, so we try only to do it when totally necessary.

I don't know the order they will be chosen. If you want to try and "force" the Bound versions to be used first, place any new Unbound versions in your bank. I believe they should draw from your inventory first.
interesting, i suppose thats why all currently bound weapons and junk could not be retroactively made account bound
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 77
12-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Q: My aspiring Ferengi would like to know: Since a lot of this stuff can be sold on the exchange, what, in particular, can he hoard to fetch a pretty penny in July?
Empire Veteran
# 78
12-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:

Maybe you should do something like that to hypos so every time I contribute to projects needing those they don't take the ones I am holding first. It is very very annoying.
Career Officer
# 79
12-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
You see, this particular Ferengi happens to be an eternally devoted fan to the Illustrious Q
He's a fan of me?!
Empire Veteran
# 80
12-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Ok, so is the big Snowman fight a "daily", or can someone hang out there all day and wrack up special commodities?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...