Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,912
# 171
12-04-2012, 12:16 AM
I'll save you guys some effort...

I requested better borg in the form of a better AI, to be honest I think the entire games AI needs rebuilding from scratch, it's worse than scripted enemies in 1998 for goodness sake.

I felt the damage dealing of borg was fine already though
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,890
# 172
12-04-2012, 01:26 AM
I would have to agree, it does appear they are dealing more damage than they should. I got hit with this today on Cure Ground Elite:

[Combat (Self)] Your Exothermic Induction Field II dealt 1 (7) shield damage to Drone.
[Combat (Self)] Your Exothermic Induction Field II deals 8 (9) Fire Damage to Drone.
[System] [ItemReceived] Minor Injury received: Bruised Ribs
[Combat (Self)] Elite Tactical Drone's Heavy Force Plasma Bolt dealt 373 (299) shield damage to you.
[Combat (Self)] Elite Tactical Drone deals 758 (1466) Plasma Damage(Critical) to you with Heavy Force Plasma Bolt.
[System] [CombatAlert] You are being flanked!
[System] [ControlScheme_ChangeSucceeded] Changed control scheme to RPG Controls

This is a single shot here broken up in the combat log. My character has 373 shield points, full MACO Mk XII set. Albeit this was a flanking strike, but this attack still should not have killed me at full health through naniite health monitor. (kit swapping. NHM from medic then jumped to physicist)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,096
# 173
12-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
it's more like 95-99% proc chance for the borg, 99% of the time in STFs my ship is on fire...
Likewise - I'm sick of it. Hazard emitters just don't cut it - the Borg seem to be able to set fire to you just by LOOKING at you and it's CONSTANT.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 349
# 174
12-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I'll save you guys some effort...

I requested better borg in the form of a better AI, to be honest I think the entire games AI needs rebuilding from scratch, it's worse than scripted enemies in 1998 for goodness sake.

I felt the damage dealing of borg was fine already though
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvehero View Post
These kind of abilities lend nothing to the game. They punish you for no reason other than just playing the game. The can not be countered by skill or knowledge, so they don't increase the game's demands on you. In short, all they do is allow you to be the redshirt. The guy who dies for purely dramatic reasons. Sure, it's canon, but noone (or at least very few) want to play a game where they're the 5th member on the away team.
Cryptic, please take note of all this feedback. The Borg, as currently implemented, are badly designed.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 175
12-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Cryptic please ignore this thread. The Borg are currently fine as is.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,912
# 176
12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Cryptic please ignore this thread. The Borg are currently fine as is.
So you'd rather be constantly on fire and 1 shotted because an NPC looked at you than having a real fight against a decent AI?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 177
12-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
So you'd rather be constantly on fire and 1 shotted because an NPC looked at you than having a real fight against a decent AI?
Due to the fact that an AI advanced enough to do more than amuse me doesn't exist yet? Yes.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,912
# 178
12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Due to the fact that an AI advanced enough to do more than amuse me doesn't exist yet? Yes.
Well I play this and then I play FF7 and the FF7 enemies are so much better, that game was released on the playstation 1 in 1998... Using if statements the I (a complete programming noob) could write.

If a game that is 14 years old with with several times less powerful systems in mind presents a greater challenge than one made today with today's computers in mind... that kinda says something don't you think?

FF7 enemy coding consists of:
Max HP
Max MP
IF AND Statements

That's literally it for example:
IF HP <= 50% AND MP <= 100 use X skill
else IF...

it's that easy... why can't Cryptic do that?
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 294
# 179
12-04-2012, 06:16 PM
cuz the code it too simple, they couldn't break it and drag out a fix for months on end. Sometimes I wonder why I even play this game. Honestly, if it wasn't Star Trek IP, I wouldn't play at all. Goes to show what happens when you put a brand on something I guess.

I really do wish some big name game company would come along and save us all from the incompetence of craptic and pwe.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,912
# 180
12-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
cuz the code it too simple, they couldn't break it and drag out a fix for months on end.
Most likely which is kinda silly as it would mean they could spend more time making other stuff that works and fixing stuff that doesn't
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 PM.