Lieutenant
# 91
12-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I'm loving the sound of the event EXCEPT for this one thing. I really wish they weren't bound for those of us who are going to miss out due to holidays. It's like we're punished for existing outside of the game!!
Do you have even the first clue how hopelessly entitled this sounds?

"I want the cool present that can be earned for free by playing the game, but I don't wanna actually have to PLAY the game to get it!"

As somebody else mentioned earlier in this thread, if you don't have Money or Time in abundance, you are not an MMO's target audience.

I think it's pretty obvious that this Winter Event is an effort to get people online and playing, instead of Cryptic's usual apparent tactic of getting people online and shopping. I think it's a refreshing change of pace, and I hope this little experiment works out for them so that we can see more similarly-motivated events in the future.
Career Officer
# 92
12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Wow, what can I say. Will be so getting that breen ship!!

Question though: I have the winter boots on one of my main toons, will this be upgraded to not have a timer on it?
Career Officer
# 93
12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Wow, what can I say. Will be so getting that breen ship!!

Question though: I have the winter boots on one of my main toons, will this be upgraded to not have a timer on it?
Borticus said somewhere that they will be retrofit to be Infinite Frosty Boots.
U.S.S. Marathon - NX-392781
Starfleet Veteran
# 94
12-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Do you have even the first clue how hopelessly entitled this sounds?

"I want the cool present that can be earned for free by playing the game, but I don't wanna actually have to PLAY the game to get it!"

As somebody else mentioned earlier in this thread, if you don't have Money or Time in abundance, you are not an MMO's target audience.

I think it's pretty obvious that this Winter Event is an effort to get people online and playing, instead of Cryptic's usual apparent tactic of getting people online and shopping. I think it's a refreshing change of pace, and I hope this little experiment works out for them so that we can see more similarly-motivated events in the future.
Did you know that I'm on every day, have 4 level 50 toons, 5 more at various levels plus I have acquired multiple copies of all lockbox ships from farming dilithium and EC? No, of course not. You assume you know me well enough to think I have a sense of entitlement from one of my posts and feel it necessary to cast judgement. You don't know me and I can assure you you never will.

PWE doesn't need to encourage me to spend time in game as I already do. Me wanting a ship to be tradeable due to spending time with the family during the holidays (hardly abnormal behaviour) is a rational and reasonable request.
Rihannsu
# 95
12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I would be way more interested if it was a Romulan ship. Oh well.
Survivor of Romulus
# 96
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Very nice.

I wonder if the Breen Ship has a unique bridge?

We saw a Jem'Hadar bridge in some episodes of DS9 as well as Cardassian bridges. There were also Ferengi bridges in TNG and a Time Ship bridge in Voyager.

As far as I remember there was nothing about a Breen bridge in the TV shows. That would give some "freedom in designing" to the Breen bridge ^^
Starfleet Veteran
# 97
12-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naharikajal View Post
Very nice.

I wonder if the Breen Ship has a unique bridge?

We saw a Jem'Hadar bridge in some episodes of DS9 as well as Cardassian bridges. There were also Ferengi bridges in TNG and a Time Ship bridge in Voyager.

As far as I remember there was nothing about a Breen bridge in the TV shows. That would give some "freedom in designing" to the Breen bridge ^^
Somewhere in this thread it was intimated that there isn't a unique bridge. Considering the ship is free I can understand that.
Career Officer
# 98
12-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Because the changes made to the Boots are power-related, and can be changed without requiring any sort of fix-up script. An item that is Bound, however, cannot ever be Unbound without doing a database crawl to manually flip those flags on each copy of the item owned by every character in the database, and this type of fix-up script is something that is always running on the server. Every time we add another fix-up to the game, it has a small effect on overall performance and stability, so we try only to do it when totally necessary.

If it is a big problem for people, could a trade-in vendor be added? I can't imagine though that the bound ones are numerous though in people's inventories though, and most likely those would be used first.
Survivor of Romulus
# 99
12-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Somewhere in this thread it was intimated that there isn't a unique bridge. Considering the ship is free I can understand that.
well that makes sense. thank you because i skipped some of the posts ^^
Captain
# 100
12-04-2012, 05:17 PM
If it weren't for the impulse streaks on that ship, I would have guessed it flew the other way.