Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
For the past few weeks, I been using my KDF as a Dilithium Farmer. And using my Fed for the story line.

I agree lack of content is very depressing playing KDF. I finally got me a new modem. So I will finally try some Foundry missions with my KDF. To see if that is better offering than the lack of STO story.
There are some very good ones, I'd suggest "Krios Falling" is better than most "Corporate content" (especially now!!)
Empire Veteran
# 22
11-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
No it is pure BS to keep KDF players playing with no real intention to do anything - he has said again and again that it's just not worth it to them.

So his job as EP is to say whatever BS to keep people thinking there is light at the end of the tunnel when there is none.

He is Exexcutive producer - but -can't say anything for sure - why? Who makes the decisions?

He is the EP - but can't say when? Why- who makes the decisions?

He says the buck stops with him and PWE does not get involved and all decisions have to be approved by him - but he is "fighing" to get the KDF done - fighing with who?

It's a lot of Horse ****

Shame on all of you for being fooled for the 1000th time.

"Fool me once - shame on you! Fool me twice - shame on me!"
Well shame on me 1001 times.

Actually I believe him. Well sorta.

I remember hearing that when PWE people started to tour Cryptic and got to see the engine and play the game they were appalled by the state of both PvP and the KDF. I mean given how Asian games tend to rely on PvP for endgame content and most PvP games work best with a couple of factions.

I have no clue who he is fighting other than the actual, "I only play Fed and only PvE" crowd that defines the vast majority of this game's population.

So season after season the KDF and PvP get pushed back further to the back the burners and ignored while they try to prove they can make a monetary model for free to play that works for PvE players that only play Feds.

So now Stahl comes in Red Alert chat and says they are toying with the idea of FKvFK PvP matches and I can't help but wonder if this signals the true direction for STO committing to a single faction game with a little more PvP support, (ala Neverwinter Nights), than we have right now.

[REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Going back to PvP and Faction balance - one of the design ideas on the table to balance the factions is to allow players of either faction to align themselves with the other for the purpose of PvP
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Empire Veteran
# 23
11-27-2012, 07:10 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Well shame on me 1001 times.

Actually I believe him. Well sorta.
Shamefully part of me does to... Its a fault my Dominimatrix pokes fun at me often about.....I just want STO to be the complete Star Trek experience.....

Quote:
I remember hearing that when PWE people started to tour Cryptic and got to see the engine and play the game they were appalled by the state of both PvP and the KDF.....
I remember hearing that as well. The most recent rumor I heard was that after the success of STO at the Vegascon DS was hyper to see more "noise" about the KDF to let the bigwigs at PWE know that we are a vibrant and desired faction. Its why I started my campaign of "lifting them up" right after the convention and this rumor came my way.

Its still something I support. I think a complete KDF faction will only enhance the game. I hold the same opinion for the RSE as well.

I still believe that they can make STO the paragon of star trek games and include all fans eventually but I am continually shocked and dismayed by the constant setbacks, excuses and downright blaiming of the fanbase at times for the poor reprensentation the KDF or any non-fed faction has in STO.
I, like many, expected such excuses and setbacks to disapeer when they finally got out from under Atari and where picked up by PWE. We looked expectantly for a revival that never quite came the full distance......

Quote:
So now Stahl comes in Red Alert chat and says they are toying with the idea of FKvFK PvP matches and I can't help but wonder if this signals the true direction for STO committing to a single faction game with a little more PvP support, (ala Neverwinter Nights), than we have right now.

[REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Going back to PvP and Faction balance - one of the design ideas on the table to balance the factions is to allow players of either faction to align themselves with the other for the purpose of PvP
I still hate this idea just for the fact it ignores the backstory then moves the player into a setting that is diametricly opposite the backstory without explanation of why we went from war to peace between to factions.
Its not like teh stories ingame allows the player to discover the Undine/Iconian threat and be that " Dark Hero" that pitted against his own government fights to do the right and save us all.

As I have said before, its easy for me to hang around and wait to see if the KDF ever comes to thier own.
I just feel bad for those whom enter and quickly learn that the game is more commerce than story or become an imbittered, untrusting member of the community like myself.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-27-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Career Officer
# 24
12-04-2012, 05:16 PM
More costume options would be nice. The Orion get their own gear, why not have a generic pool that "Alien" builds can have access to?

And more ship customizing options on par with the Federation.
Career Officer
# 25
12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
[quote=bitemepwe;6809831]
Quote:
I still hate this idea just for the fact it ignores the backstory then moves the player into a setting that is diametricly opposite the backstory without explanation of why we went from war to peace between to factions.
Its not like teh stories ingame allows the player to discover the Undine/Iconian threat and be that " Dark Hero" that pitted against his own government fights to do the right and save us all.

As I have said before, its easy for me to hang around and wait to see if the KDF ever comes to thier own.
I just feel bad for those whom enter and quickly learn that the game is more commerce than story or become an imbittered, untrusting member of the community like myself.
From what I have been able to piece together from the loading screen messages, is that relations broke down after the Klingons conquered the Gorn, Nausican and Orion (of which the Federation disapproved) and when the Undine infiltrators were discovered the Klingons asked for help and the Federation refused. The culmination of which has resulted in a de-facto state of war rather than an actual conflict.

But yeah, you shouldn't have to hunt for clues as to what is a significant event.
Captain
# 26
12-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I generally agree with the original posters opening statement. Yes, the KDF side needs more real content, the ability to play 1-50, more ships, war targs, and depth of development for its Great Houses and constituent allies. The Fed/KDF war is stale TNG era bad scrypt and story writing that blocked what could have lead to non allied cooperation resulting in more stories engaging more interesting enemies. But all the negative QQ towards Devs over past KDF neglect is just as stale as said neglect.

If I were the development team and had agreed to make some player requested changes, was unable to do so because I had other priorities, and then read all this apathy, bitterness and whining, I would likely say screw you, see if you get anything now, just out of spite.

What we need to do has been done. We have asked for things to improve KDF play. The teen angst apathy liar name calling does nothing to improve our chances of getting that content and may even hinder it.

I have more fun playing KDF not because that side is better developed but because my Fleet KDF bros and sistas are more fun to play with and we kick ---. When we chug a mug of blood wine from the fountain and raise our pocket knives in the air with a mighty OORAh! Then go out and make some trouble, the content isn't even noticed.

Qapla
Chingachgook told me, Don't try to understand them; and don't try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense.

Last edited by tancrediiv; 12-05-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Missed a critical word
Empire Veteran
# 27
12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragestroke008 View Post

From what I have been able to piece together from the loading screen messages, is that relations broke down after the Klingons conquered the Gorn, Nausican and Orion (of which the Federation disapproved) and when the Undine infiltrators were discovered the Klingons asked for help and the Federation refused. The culmination of which has resulted in a de-facto state of war rather than an actual conflict.

But yeah, you shouldn't have to hunt for clues as to what is a significant event.
Here is the Path to 2409 but it may not be complete or true to the original Path to 2409 that has been altered by the fanbase in several renditions.

The Devs wrote a great story for STO but did not adhere to it very well.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 28
12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
*shrug* I know of two sure-fire ways I can help us, and I do them both.

1) Condense into fewer fleets to gain tiers and show an interest in that content

2) Buy *everything* in the C-Store and Lobi store meant for KDF-only, at least once. Doesn't matter if its Zen or Dilithium exchange.

Success comes from removing the reasons people say "no," not making them say "yes."

Good or bad, I've done all I can to keep the faith, in the hopes it helps bring this game into a balance of Red v Blue. It serves to enrich the game for all players, as evidenced by dozens of other games with deliberate and designed factions.

Clearly the only thing that they need to be focused on is not balancing out our C-Store offerings and content, but actually balancing out the design. They launched with less than 1.5 factions, they shouldn't be at all surprised they still don't have 2 if all they've done is continue to pump most of their effort in the the single whole one. That would be like starving one child, but buying them both the same clothes and wondering why one never looks healthy.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Commander
# 29
12-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post

Makes sense to me, storywise. At this point they really should just end this war already. We have temporary ceasefires like every few weeks. You can't get any decisive war-related stuff done in such short time frames.
The war has become absolutely pointless.