Ensign
# 1 When people bail...
12-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Tonight was doing the Infected Conduit (not even on Elite), and two people bailed when, after the left side gate thingee (that's a technical term) went down, and the secondary objective failed. I get petulance, and while it annoys me, I get it. Quit if you want to, but, my suggestion is go do the Elite Conduits, etc., and be with people where, I am sure, it never fails.

Ok, rant aside, here's a thought that one of the other players mentioned, and I'm sorry I didn't grab his character's name, but, I will give him credit for a good idea...

How about when people quit one of these events (especially the five player ones where the loss of one person, or two, is a significant diminution of your firepower), the players who remain get that person's reward shared out amongst them. We had three people that stayed and got the job done. We ought to have gotten a bonus because the other two quit.

Reward those of us who stay. They already get penalized by not getting any reward, but, we worked really hard to get that thing under control and defeat it.

Just a thought.

Eve
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
If that were the case I'd be running all of the STFs with 4-man teams, because ISE, KASE and CSE are all easily doable with 4 decent players.

So I approve of this suggestion
Captain
# 3
12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Remember this: PUGs are Poo.
# 4
12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eve1964 View Post
Tonight was doing the Infected Conduit (not even on Elite), and two people bailed when, after the left side gate thingee (that's a technical term) went down, and the secondary objective failed. I get petulance, and while it annoys me, I get it. Quit if you want to, but, my suggestion is go do the Elite Conduits, etc., and be with people where, I am sure, it never fails.

Ok, rant aside, here's a thought that one of the other players mentioned, and I'm sorry I didn't grab his character's name, but, I will give him credit for a good idea...

How about when people quit one of these events (especially the five player ones where the loss of one person, or two, is a significant diminution of your firepower), the players who remain get that person's reward shared out amongst them. We had three people that stayed and got the job done. We ought to have gotten a bonus because the other two quit.

Reward those of us who stay. They already get penalized by not getting any reward, but, we worked really hard to get that thing under control and defeat it.

Just a thought.

Eve
Worth thinking about.

Never understood what anyone gets out of leaving.

Dont see the appeal of screwing 4 people over for a less than perfect score instead of cutting your losses and try to get the best possible result instead of nothing.

If I decide to leave an STF I am locked out of all of them for the next 60 minutes.
If I stay and do my best to "salvage" the mission, I get at least something and have a chance for 2-3 more rounds during the next hour.
And even only the basic reward is still better than zero in case the match lasts close to an hour.