Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 733
# 101
12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yes; one hour of active time.



It's bound.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Bound to character or account?

If character, why? I see no reason for that. If account, that's cool.
Join Date: July 29 2008
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 375
# 102
12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Mmmmh, i'm looking forward to see this ship's stats
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 512
# 103
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I has questions!

1) Are my Frosted Boots from last year (which still have a timer on them when I equip them) going to be converted into ones without a timer, or will I need to earn a whole new pair? [WHOOPS! I see this is answered as a "yes" eslewhere!]

2) Why in the world are those awesome jackets not colorable?? From a company with such an amazing history of character personalization, I am a little shocked to see you limit our creativity on this one. I hope its some technical reason, and not a sign of The New Cryptic! Yours are among the last of the truly customizable games!
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 4-4-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
# 104
12-04-2012, 05:00 PM
well the event takes place in the holidays season and if the ship is as good as the 2 usseles ships from last year bortas and odysey then family time and getting drunk and eating like a pig can take priority to STO better farm for a couple of days to have some dil stored and log in for the refinement proces and some doffing rather than grinding for a crap ship.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 829
# 105
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
This will be my first jump into Q's Winter Wonderland. Kind of sad the ships are bound, but not going to ruin my fun by any means.

One question, that I don't think has been asked or answered:

The Blog makes it sound like the snow blasters will not work outside the Winter Wonderland, What happens to them after the event? Do they disappear from our inventories? or did I misunderstand that part of the blog and they are just only available during the event?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 302
# 106
12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
One of my KDF Captains volunteered to do the 25 days of racing... My FED Captains all rolled their eyes and walked away in a huff.

Thanks for the free ship and giving us 10 days to enjoy the holidays without having to include STO.

And don't forget about your snowball full auto gun
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 107
12-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Will the Breen set give this cruiser a special set power?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 490
# 108
12-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avoidgodlik3 View Post
well the event takes place in the holidays season and if the ship is as good as the 2 usseles ships from last year bortas and odysey then family time and getting drunk and eating like a pig can take priority to STO better farm for a couple of days to have some dil stored and log in for the refinement proces and some doffing rather than grinding for a crap ship.
You sound to me like a spoiled little brat! Take that Silver Spoon out of your mouth for a while and try and appreciate what's being given to us for FREE while we're all having fun during the "made to be fun" event!

The Dev's didn't have to give us a free ship but they DID! Try and appreciate their hard work in making the 3D art, the texturing, the animations and etc, etc, etc in making this ship possible for us to gain for FREE!

A lot of hard work has gone into this event and the ship that is being given to us. If you knew anything at all about what it takes to create ingame assets you'd know where I'm coming from... So...

Get over yourself and have a little consideration and appreciation!

[/rant] Sorry... it just peevs me off when I see those comment like that when they have no idea of what it takes to make ingame assets, and then the creators make it FREE for us all to earn out of the goodness of their hearts!

Keep up the good work Cryptic Team! I love ya's!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 12-04-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,053
# 109
12-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
The Blog makes it sound like the snow blasters will not work outside the Winter Wonderland, What happens to them after the event? Do they disappear from our inventories? or did I misunderstand that part of the blog and they are just only available during the event?
Once you have the weapons, you can keep them forever. However, for the time being, the only place they will be usable is on Q's Winter Wonderland, and the only enemies they will damage are Snowmen. You'll be able to equip and unholster them on other maps, but they won't be able to activate.

We have no plans to expand their functionality at this time, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Will the Breen set give this cruiser a special set power?
Also no plans for this, at this time. There's no synergy set up between the Ship and the Set.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 731
# 110
12-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Once you have the weapons, you can keep them forever. However, for the time being, the only place they will be usable is on Q's Winter Wonderland, and the only enemies they will damage are Snowmen. You'll be able to equip and unholster them on other maps, but they won't be able to activate.

We have no plans to expand their functionality at this time, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

---------


Also no plans for this, at this time. There's no synergy set up between the Ship and the Set.
Part 1: Free anti-Tholian gun for those lacking a CRM 200?

Part 2: Why not? Why would the Breen set not be better on a Breen ship?
All Good Things Must Come On Tuesday. (it's a liiiink!)

Musings of a Mad Man; Or, What This Game Could Fix

<--Click for how to get one of these.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 AM.