Lt. Commander
# 31
12-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
We could do that. I'm not saying a full team with squad leader is better, but a tac with squad leader in the team will benefit to the team instead of just buffinf himself. Other tacs can use fire team or operative, since the team bonuses given by this kit don't stack.

This kit isn't a pvp one though, it's a purely pve one. In pvp you don't have to face sustained, constant (and scripted) fire, you're facing people who can OS you and you need an instant dps instead of some more team resistance. With several tacs in the team the typical configuration is one with squad leader and the other one with operative/fire team. Against the borg it's a great combo.
I have attempted to locate you in game. Let me know how you want to do this.

Pug01
Career Officer
# 32
12-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
I do like the Crit Chance and Crit Severity, but with the correct gear and team we already run above 30% crit chance. This in un-buffled! In fact with my one setup I run at a 49.4% crit chance, un-buffed!
Can you post, or PM me how you got to 49% crit chance?

I need to double check in-game, I think I've got a sitting 29% and can get to 40% buffed, but you're saying you've got 49% unbuffed? That's impressive.

Lt. Commander
# 33
12-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Can you post, or PM me how you got to 49% crit chance?

I need to double check in-game, I think I've got a sitting 29% and can get to 40% buffed, but you're saying you've got 49% unbuffed? That's impressive.
Using Melee doffs and Swords. You can get even higher using Purple Doffs.
Combining that with this method:
You tube video of Tactical Super Buff

Use your Omega gun as you enter to put suppressing fire on all the borg and switch to sword to make your kill. A full team using Omega Armor will also gain more Crit Chance and Crit Severity (12.5% with a full team). Furthermore, with 5 people running Full Omega sets and Gambling devices, the whole team will have 100% dodge. So half damage received for the whole team, while they are standing.

Putting that into terms of kits, Having Motion Accelerator will only boost me to get to the borg faster, allowing me to kill them faster. I have unbelievable survivability as a tac. A whole team doing this will look like Jedi Masters just invaded the borg.
Captain
# 34
12-04-2012, 05:49 PM
The question is: Why bother playing anything that isn't tac?

Tac ships are the best in the game, if you can't tank and kill anything in game in under 30 seconds (with the exception of stupidly high level ships) you're doing something wrong

On the ground if you can't 1 shot everything (again minus bosses) you're doing something wrong

Play anything else and you're harming your team, not helping...
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
The question is: Why bother playing anything that isn't tac?

Tac ships are the best in the game, if you can't tank and kill anything in game in under 30 seconds (with the exception of stupidly high level ships) you're doing something wrong

On the ground if you can't 1 shot everything (again minus bosses) you're doing something wrong

Play anything else and you're harming your team, not helping...
I have to agree with you, when it comes to the ground. I am not going to speak about space, although I think you are correct. Diminishing Armor Resistance values is slowly killing the science officer. We really don't need them that often.

Tactical officers are getting a great boost with this new kit but nothing great for Science or Engineer.
Empire Veteran
# 36
12-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
I have attempted to locate you in game. Let me know how you want to do this.

Pug01
I have the same handle in game but i'm from europe so we might have very different schedules.
Survivor of Remus
# 37
12-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
I have to agree with you, when it comes to the ground. I am not going to speak about space, although I think you are correct. Diminishing Armor Resistance values is slowly killing the science officer. We really don't need them that often.

Tactical officers are getting a great boost with this new kit but nothing great for Science or Engineer.
You are so wrong it's not even funny. I'm guessing you have never played anything other then tac and if you did you must have had some bad experience lol I you would like we can q up in game pve or pvp and I could in lighten you on sci/eng classes same for sci ships/crusers
Commander
# 38
12-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Just want to note here, Pug01 is certainly one of the top five, and very possibly the number one, ground engineer in the game. I know for a fact that he plays a better engi than I do, and I'm no joke. He also plays an extremely good sci, and one of the most dangerous tacs in ground pvp.

That said, if you think you have something new to share, I'd like to see it in action. My ingame handle is the same as this one. PM me to arrange a 1v1, or if you have a team that uses your techniques, by all means assemble it and we can have a premade vs premade. I have one of each career, so feel free to name whichever class you would like me to face you with.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I have the same handle in game but i'm from europe so we might have very different schedules.
I will see what I can do to match up some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
You are so wrong it's not even funny. I'm guessing you have never played anything other then tac and if you did you must have had some bad experience lol I you would like we can q up in game pve or pvp and I could in lighten you on sci/eng classes same for sci ships/crusers
You have my handle (@Pug01). Just PM me and we can setup a Duel. The holiday season is a busy time, but I will try to be on during the evenings (-5 GMT). I am more than willing to learn new techniques or demonstrate to you what my discussion is about.
Rihannsu
# 40
12-21-2012, 10:44 PM
i main 2 sci toons and the only kit i ever need is the medic kit.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!