Career Officer
# 111
12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Bound to character or account?

If character, why? I see no reason for that. If account, that's cool.
everything is bind on equip if get ship and want to move to other toon
you can
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
12-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Is there a level restriction to the winter event or can any player enjoy it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 113
12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
everything is bind on equip if get ship and want to move to other toon
you can
It sounds like it's bind on pickup. If that's the case then as soon as you earn it it's bound. I'm away on holiday so I'll miss out. Even so, I still applaud the fact that a free ship is being given out without an inordinate amount of grinding or dilithium. I see this as a true Christmas present.

I love Christmas presents. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
Is there a level restriction to the winter event or can any player enjoy it?
A really good question. What can be earned by players of what level? I may not have time to get a ship but I may have time to get those AWESOME jackets!!

Last edited by darramouss1; 12-04-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 114
12-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
A really good question. What can be earned by players of what level? I may not have time to get a ship but I may have time to get those AWESOME jackets!!
If there is a level restriction on the event, I imagine it will be very low, 10 or so. And if it's open to low-level players, everything will be earnable by low level players- they just won't be able to open the reward pack box the ship comes in until they reach its level.
Lt. Commander
# 115
12-04-2012, 09:04 PM
If I remember correctly it was Level 11 last year.
Captain
# 116
12-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Devs, Question.

Is there going to be a waiting line like the last winter event? Players like myself who have ADD will find that very difficult to do.
Lt. Commander
# 117
12-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Why is it so hard to write a single SQL statement and make all these winter items from last yeard unbound too?
Lt. Commander
# 118
12-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
An item that is Bound, however, cannot ever be Unbound without doing a database crawl to manually flip those flags on each copy of the item owned by every character in the database, and this type of fix-up script is something that is always running on the server. Every time we add another fix-up to the game, it has a small effect on overall performance and stability, so we try only to do it when totally necessary.
?????

Why would such a fix-up script be running all the time? Why don't you write an SQL statement that you run once on your entire database during server maintenance?

(And for that matter: Why do you store everything as its own item and not only the parts that are user-dependent? E.g. why do we have to discard ships and reclaim them to get bugfixes to costumes or transwarp abilities? How did you manage to write a game with such a weird database back-end?)
Lt. Commander
# 119
12-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
::: thumbs up ... Good to know before slotting.

I have a feeling jackets are going to be the top priority however.
It's the same race as last year. It takes 5 minutes 10 tops
Ensign
# 120
12-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Everything sounds cool for my first Q's Winter wonderland event. However, the only thing I have misgivings about is the unmelting snowballs that can be used after the winter event. That's just one more thing that griefers will have in their arsenal to annoy people with.