Career Officer
So, what happens if the project does not get filled before the winter event ends? I assume the 'collectibles' will no longer be available after the event.
# 2
12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=66

Quote:
We will have an in-game solution for Fleets that find themselves in this situation, either towards the end of the event or after it is over. You will not end up stuck with the project, don't worry.
Hope that answers the question.

Additionally, the Collectible items themselves will not vanish at the end of the Event. It's likely you'll still be able to find them on the Exchange and such. Only the method of obtaining new ones will go away when the Event ends.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...

Last edited by borticuscryptic; 12-04-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you!!
# 4
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
you turn in extra stuff at GPL console
Ensign
# 5
12-04-2012, 07:22 PM
So it sounds like this won't be like the other special limited-time Dilithium-based Starbase enhancement projects, where once you start it you have all the time in the world to complete it - interesting. Good thing the Winter Commodities are tradeable this year then!
Captain
# 6
12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintonious View Post
So it sounds like this won't be like the other special limited-time Dilithium-based Starbase enhancement projects, where once you start it you have all the time in the world to complete it - interesting. Good thing the Winter Commodities are tradeable this year then!
Sounds more like finish this project before the event ends or it will cost dilithium to finish it off. So get 75% of it done means that it will cost 50,000 dilithium to finish it off.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Yep the event where you can gain a lot of GPL the most worthless currency in the game
Career Officer
# 8
12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
All my toons have GPL on their teeth, so it's not that worthless.
Captain
Currently for Starbase limited projects is the Works of Art project that expires next week and the Winter project that requires 250 of each type of winter ornament. Many fleets won't be able to finish this project in three weeks. Resulting in many fleets missing out on the next project if they want to do it. My question is will there be another starbase limited project starting next week or do we have a holiday from the 200,000 dilithium Starbase projects until next year so we can take our time on the Winter Limited Project?
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
12-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Good question.

I also have to wonder about fleets failing to complete the Winter Limited Project prior to the end of the Event. Since there currently is no way to cancel a project, fleets wouldn't have any choice but to wait til the next Winter Event or Cryptic adding the ability to cancel projects.
Closed Thread