Captain
# 11
12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticzebra View Post
but its almost impossible to get hand picked parts, because this project alone it took up about 2-3 hundred bricks
I want to object, but then I remember that basically all I got for Christmas and birthdays for about 13-14 years of my life were LEGO sets.

Instead, I'll point you here and here, which are pretty much exactly for hand-picking parts. There's also the free LEGO Digital Designer, which has (almost) all the pieces.
Lieutenant
# 12
12-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post

Instead, I'll point you here and here, which are pretty much exactly for hand-picking parts. There's also the free LEGO Digital Designer, which has (almost) all the pieces.
thank you i never knew there was a hand picking Lego store in NZ Wellington. I will look into buying and re-coloring the ship immediately.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
12-05-2012, 03:05 AM
And if you want to arm a crew a lego scale phaser (well near enough) is available from a company called Brickarms (I have Godchildren)
Commander
# 14
12-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticzebra View Post
thank you i never knew there was a hand picking Lego store in NZ Wellington. I will look into buying and re-coloring the ship immediately.
:O

I'm jealous. You guys have real hand-picked Lego stores??? That's just not fair
Captain
# 15
12-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Finally got the pics to load... As above, the bricks don't do the concept justice, but from your description, I was able to mentally super-impose an idea of what you had in mind, and I rather like it
Captain
# 16
12-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I can vaguely make out a Yoyager-esk shape bristling with weapon emplacements, I can't say I like the idea of a single warp engine, unless it's dual engines in a single nacelle.
I'm thinking that because of the redundancy provided with dual engines, otherwise a single hit could kill the ships stardrive and any other systems that rely on it.
Lieutenant
# 17
12-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
I can't say I like the idea of a single warp engine.
I'm thinking that because of the redundancy provided with dual engines, otherwise a single hit could kill the ships stardrive and any other systems that rely on it.
Thats why in a battle the ship would bring the warp engine down so its locked onto the hull. That would provide extra shielding to prevent a one hit KO of the warp engines