Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Tholian Red Alert problems?
12-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Everyday, every time I see the red alert pop up, i click to join...and again and again I am removed from the map immediately upon entering, showing the objective failed.

This happening to anyone else as well?
Captain
# 2
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Yes, it the same issue with Borg Incursions were it can send you to a map that have already been finished.

It seems the system is not generating new maps for players and instead is throwing players into existing maps without any regard to the status of the map.
Career Officer
# 3
12-04-2012, 10:14 PM
more brilliant work by the dev team! its a wonder we can even log into the game at all.
Captain
# 4
12-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Actually this is starting to become a major issue. Out of all the Tau Dewa dailies, this one seems to be a huge pain to get done.

I still have a Tholian Red Alert daily from LAST WEEK on one of my fed toons. My klink got lucky last night and actually got into one (poor Tholians, I can still hear their squealing as they were blasted into oblivion), but for the most part, every time I see one pop up, it's either finished successfully or a failure, and I get drop-kicked back into sector space.

So either redo the map refresh, or revamp the map generation, but FIX THE DANG THING...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Yeah I haven't been able to do one since last weeks patch.

Would request 7 days or so in Rommie Marks in compensation, plzkthx.

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
Captain
# 6
12-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagurazaka77 View Post
Yeah I haven't been able to do one since last weeks patch.

Would request 7 days or so in Rommie Marks in compensation, plzkthx.
Which would amount to... 4360 unrefined dil and 210 romulan marks. Actually yeah, I am down with this XD
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 7
12-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Biggest problem is with how the system is. Instead of just having it setup for the lucky 5 who get in and either botch it or win it, make it for a time period available. For examplenred alert triggers all players have 5 mins to get into the maps, keep it as is with groups of 5. After the 5 minutes the alert disappers leaving the groups that got into it still doing it. Bit it no longer showing. This way people dont fly into them long after just one group finished it. I have hopped into a redalert 10 minutes AFTER the group i was with finished it. Got out of a mission seen it up and thought another one spawned. If they have the flag show for a set time and then disappear its like a true red alert. Get there before your enemy completes its objective and leaves. This also grants more players the ability to win it, and does not leaveus going into a red alert long after some pugs failed or completed it.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Republic Veteran
# 8
12-05-2012, 02:27 AM
I don't seem to have to much trouble at all with other red alerts...but I've never been able to get into one of these at all since season 7 launched.
Career Officer
# 9
12-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Because borg redalers are old news . romie red alerts are what all the cool kids are doing these days :-)
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Rihannsu
# 10
12-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
more brilliant work by the dev team! its a wonder we can even log into the game at all.
Unless I use a Proxy sever I can't login due to the patcher never connecting to the patch server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force