Career Officer
# 1 Reputation project problem
12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
I've found that sometimes the projects on top aren't what I expect them to be, and after T3 for both I've been forced to make items I won't ever use. We can't remove the project, and we're stuck until it's completed.

For an instance of the sadness of this, I'm now required to make scorpian fighters, which require valkyrie fighters and more dilithium than I ever hang onto at one time. It's expensive, and I'll never use them.

Why are we unable to cancel things like this? I'd rather lose what I have invested already than lose thousands of dilithium, EC, and marks for something I won't use.

Dev's, can we get this changed? I don't care if you make it so we lose all invested mats, I want to cancel things like this.

"Second star on the right, and straight on till morning."

U.S.S. Weatherlight
Rihannsu
# 2
12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I do agree that we need a way to cancel things, and while this may be a little late now, you do have to pay attention to what you select. you should never be forced to pick something you dont want, but you can select it by accident.

If you run an upgrade project you cant run a new progression project until that upgrade is done.

if you select the 2000 xp one in slot 1, then you can only slot the 800 xp in the next column. so just be very careful which one you pick.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 3
12-04-2012, 10:05 AM
wont happen. if you haven't noticed, cryptic is all for dilithium being wasted otherwise there wouldn't be silly cosmetic projects at starbases and things like that.

Best advice I can offer you is read before you click, especially when you get prompted "are you sure you wanna do this?". Also if you have the rep projects queued up before you select the tier upgrade project then you can fill those while the upgrade is still running.
Captain
# 4
12-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Some devs have shown interest in doing this, but whether it will be done soon is highly unlikely. Sometime next year is when it will most likely be fixed.
Career Officer
# 5
12-04-2012, 10:48 AM
In a way, we've been asking for this since the Fleet Advancement system launched.

I accidentally started a BNP to dil conversion when I meant to do my Tier 1 upgrade. That pissed me off to no end since I then had to grind several ESTF and give up the BNP I'd earned from them. I want to remove that mission from my interface until I'm done leveling at least.
Career Officer
# 6
12-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I do agree that we need a way to cancel things, and while this may be a little late now, you do have to pay attention to what you select. you should never be forced to pick something you dont want, but you can select it by accident.

If you run an upgrade project you cant run a new progression project until that upgrade is done.

if you select the 2000 xp one in slot 1, then you can only slot the 800 xp in the next column. so just be very careful which one you pick.
Ya, I didn't realize that the progression options were gone, because it came time to upgrade tiers.

"Second star on the right, and straight on till morning."

U.S.S. Weatherlight
Career Officer
# 7
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
the reason for that is the cost for rep projects increase (but the xp awarded doesn't) for each tier so when you're between tiers and if you don't have a rep project selected, it wont let you chose one until you've upgraded. However, like I said, if you have the rep project selected prior to selecting the upgrade project, you can still run it.

In the grand scheme of things, it wont make much of a difference, you're still gonna end up spending (just a guesstimate) around 2 million EC (cost of consumables and such) to fully upgrade to t5.
Career Officer
# 8
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Why not a cancellation fee and one looses all donated stuff - say 500 dili and the project slot is empty again?!
Captain
# 9
12-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Yes, there should be an option to cancel projects.

In the mean time, I can recommend everyone use the "next project" slot. As soon as you start a project, put the next one there. The project in the "next project" slot can be changed if you accidentally click the wrong one.