Captain
# 101
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
London is overdue.
Fantastic Four II!

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 102
12-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Fantastic Four II!
Oh, sure, blame the co-creator of Twin Peaks.

Yes, the c-creator of Twin Peaks wrote that. My head explodes every time I say that.
Career Officer
# 103
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Well I am sure it was big, and steaming, possibly with chunks of corn in it...Oh! you said plot, not errr....plop Well this is embarassing.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!

Last edited by cptjhunter; 12-04-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 104
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
1st sry for mi english.

To be honest i was realy disapointed with the trek 2009. And dont have any expectations on this new one, maybe only watch it to know how more is twisted the star trek legacy....

When i see fire coming out of the warp nacelle tell mi self "mi worst fear will become real this will be like a copy of a star wars movie"

i can complain a lot but this will not change nothing.

I want to say after the movie all of my kdf ships are called "dead to JJabrams"

My hope is that someday jj stop making movies of star trek.
Survivor of Romulus
# 105
12-04-2012, 03:49 PM
"Death to JJAbrams" would be better english but im not sure such names are allowed
Captain
# 106
12-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Some say its a new trek, we should embrace it and love it. For its trek. Even though it totally rework what we grew up and know. And don't even come close to what Trek we grew to love.

To put it on the other shoe. Lets go with a comic guy. Tons of fans there. Lets pick the Hulk.

Say Bruce is working on a new energy source. Something explodes and turns him into a permeant hulk. That don't change from human to hulk and back. Along his warpath from the lab. He ends up bumping into Betty Ross. There out of uncontrolled rage. Kills her and moves on killing others along the way. He has no remorse. And escapes into the unknown. With betty dead and others, General Ross is Hell Bent on finding and killing the Hulk.

Sounds like a great new story to the classic Hulk. How many will love it and embrace it?

That is how many of us Trek Fans feel. They spit on what we know and love with a horrible new remake.
Captain
# 107
12-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
They spit on what we know and love with a horrible new remake.
You can tell the species is a Trekkie when it's flaring it's Hyperbole Sack.
# 108
12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Meh, people who like the new movie get no more respect from me for insecurely trolling on those who didn't than those who didn't like it get for being histrionic.
Lt. Commander
# 109
12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
and No Piccard is English as well and anyway France was wiped out in the next film
Patrick Stewart is English. Picard is French.

Also, I have to say, the logic in a lot of your timeline analysis shares one big flaw: you're assuming everything we aren't explicit told about in canon is immutable, while known canon events are mutable, and attempting to use the former to prove the latter. This results in flawed arguments because we have no reason to believe any events we haven't seen or been told aren't just as mutable as the known canon events.

Did Garth have a friend who influenced him in the prime timeline but was killed in the JJ timeline, thereby changing the entire course of his life? Maybe, we don't know, but it's one of many things the writers could do. The destruction of the Kelvin very likely altered starfleet's mission org chart, so JJ Gary Mitchell never needs saving because on the same stardate he was in a different star system than Prime Gary Mitchell and was never in danger. If Tuvok can not exist, then maybe one of Janeway's academy profs didn't exist either, causing her to take a different class tree, causing her to be assigned to a different ship as an ensign, so she never needed saving. And hey, if people can exist in one timeline but not the other, that goes both ways: people can be born in the JJ timeline who don't exist in the prime timeline. People with whatever story potential is needed.

Every event you're isolating has an enormous causality chain behind it that we know nothing about because it was never written in the first place. Anything we don't see or haven't been told is open territory for future writers to fill in as suits their needs. Events that reshuffle an entire society like the Kelvin incident or the destruction of Vulcan mean the future's entirely up the air. Different circumstances mean people get relocated, have different experiences, become different people, and give rise to different events, and it all compounds behind the scenes.

Locutus could exist ten years late, and be a Klingon who was never even born in the prime timeline. Prime Spock's cultural intel from his reunification campaign could lead to the Romulans being undermined and absorbed by the Federation by the time of the prime Movie era. The three breasted Catian table dancer's grandparents are made rich by a booming starship contractor market, and she grows up on a developed planet with a high education instead of as a border world crack ho... Anything is possible, because the circumstances that make the events you're citing relevant are just as changeable as the event themselves.

Last edited by connectamabob; 12-04-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 110
12-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Patrick Stewart is English. Picard is French.
Patrick is British (Scottish I believe if you go far enough back)
Piccard is half and half (French and British)

Quote:
Also, I have to say, the logic in a lot of your timeline analysis shares one big flaw: you're assuming everything we aren't explicit told about in canon is immutable, while known canon events are mutable, and attempting to use the former to prove the latter. This results in flawed arguments because we have no reason to believe any events we haven't seen or been told aren't just as mutable as the known canon events.
any change changes everything after it (second law of time)

Quote:
Did Garth have a friend who influenced him in the prime timeline but was killed in the JJ timeline, thereby changing the entire course of his life?
yes the Senior Kirk specifically

Quote:
Maybe, we don't know, but it's one of many things the writers could do. The destruction of the Kelvin very likely altered starfleet's mission org chart, so JJ Gary Mitchell never needs saving because on the same stardate he was in a different star system than Prime Gary Mitchell and was never in danger.
assuming he even survived the holocaust of the cadets

Quote:
If Tuvok can not exist, then maybe one of Janeway's academy profs didn't exist either, causing her to take a different class tree, causing her to be assigned to a different ship as an ensign, so she never needed saving. And hey, if people can exist in one timeline but not the other, that goes both ways: people can be born in the JJ timeline who don't exist in the prime timeline. People with whatever story potential is needed.
less people exist in his timeline
especially as an entire generation of starfleet cadets died on mass

Quote:
Every event you're isolating has an enormous causality chain behind it that we know nothing about because it was never written in the first place. Anything we don't see or haven't been told is open territory for future writers to fill in as suits their needs. Events that reshuffle an entire society like the Kelvin incident or the destruction of Vulcan mean the future's entirely up the air. Different circumstances mean people get relocated, have different experiences, become different people, and give rise to different events, and it all compounds behind the scenes.
but if you take out the source the river dries up

Quote:
Locutus could exist ten years late, and be a Klingon who was never even born in the prime timeline.
There will be no locutus
Quote:
Prime Spock's cultural intel from his reunification campaign could lead to the Romulans being undermined and absorbed by the Federation by the time of the prime Movie era.
or lead to Romulans taking over the federation and erasing the threat

Quote:
The three breasted Catian table dancer's grandparents are made rich by a booming starship contractor market, and she grows up on a developed planet with a high education instead of as a border world crack ho... Anything is possible, because the circumstances that make the events you're citing relevant are just as changeable as the event themselves.
changes in timeline are Already negative
they must logically become more so