Career Officer
# 31
12-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
season 6 is not even a half year old and so much whine about progression already...

it was clear from day one that it would take smaller fleets atleast a year to get past t4 and much more than a year to t5. Thats intentional, you may like or not, but thats how it is designed...long term goals.
Yep. Also this mans sig says it all. Go pro or go home.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
# 32
12-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Even so, that doesn't help with ANY of the other requirements for fleet progression, such as dil, doff's, commodities, etc.. but for those of us with lives outside of the game and don't have time to grind fleet events, could still get the marks.
I'm actually in favor of helping small fleets, but you lost all credibility with this comment,

Your basically saying you want to get rewarded for doing squat. Sorry, that's pathetic. . Besides, you already can earn fleet marks for doing nothing but doff missions by converting CPX to marks.
Ensign
# 33
12-05-2012, 04:01 AM
I think what's hurting the fleet I'm in right now, is we've got that station project up that requires the white quality boffs, but won't actually allow you to contribute them. We're still waiting on that bug to be fixed.
Captain
# 34
12-05-2012, 04:06 AM
I don't get the excitement at all. This is not EVE where your Starbase actually covers a space in a vast universe which can be dealt with freely by any other player. The STO Starbase is a minigame in an instance where people put all their ressources because they are bored. For everyone outside of your fleet, your starbase doesn't even exist. It really doesn't matter how far you advance and at what point you are doing it, relax and either be merry with it or play one of the games out there doing it better
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
12-05-2012, 04:08 AM
We need LESS content that requires Grinding

Currently we have Three lots of marks and now theres a daft winter event

Fleet members do not have the Time to grind for thousands and thousands of fleet marks
Rihannsu
# 36
12-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I'm actually in favor of helping small fleets, but you lost all credibility with this comment,

Your basically saying you want to get rewarded for doing squat. Sorry, that's pathetic. . Besides, you already can earn fleet marks for doing nothing but doff missions by converting CPX to marks.
You know what **** you, you don't know me so don't act like you do after reading one post.

Also I've never called someone a name on forum to make a point, and I'm pathetic. Go **** yourself.

I've personally sunk over 3 million Dilithium into my fleet while my fleet mates grinded the doffs, commodities, etc... and we all did the fleet mark events. But since Season 7 launched we don't have the time to grind Fleet mark events like we used to, in addition to all the new grindy events that have been added.

I'm not asking to be rewarded for doing nothing, i'm asking to take a little grind off the top of my Grind cake,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force

Last edited by snipe048; 12-05-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Career Officer
# 37
12-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
You know what F*** you, you don't know me so don't act like you do after reading one post.

Also I've never called someone a name on forum to make me feel better. So Slowclap for you.

I've personally sunk over 3 million Dilithium into my fleet while my fleet mates grinded the doffs, commodities, etc... and we all did the fleet mark events. But since Season 7 launched we don't have the time to grind Fleet mark events like we used to, in addition to all the new grindy events that have been added.

I'm not asking to be rewarded for doing nothing, i'm asking to take a little grind off the top of my Grind cake,
Theres Really not much of a grind added.. I don't even do the Repuation boosting events and I have romulan marks and omega marks Burrying me. I do the Two daily events on rommie space on my 16 characters and if you know again.. what your Doing.. Using.. Intelligence and efficiency it goes quick.
the Tau dewa Tour you can sit on one Planet and kill the 5 waves of enemies for 20% at a time, Goes Real quick if you are setup right. I have more Omega Marks and BNP's coming out of eSTF's then I know what to do with. Hell at the average rate of 6-12 BNP's per Elite STF's One STF can grant me 960 dil + if I get the double BNP drop.. another 2000 dilithium.. thats near 3000 dilithium for one eSTF.. considering they used to just give 1440. Do the Hard missions on Nakura and Defara, hell also do them during the FLARK events and you make enough Flarks to cover decent upgrades real quick.
I have a full time Job and a soon to be 7 year old Son. While he is at a friends house playing or in no interest to hang out with dad I play the game. I consider my self to have a decently full plate. Kid during the Day and work overnight. As well as having 2 Active subs on Eve Online that I handle, 2 subs on Perpetuum Online, SWtor (not worth subbing to but fun at times) and STo running in TWO fleets. I still Get projects going and so does the fleeties. You need either to figure out how to organize your time and how you get stuff done or quit playing one of the Least Grinding Games out there in the MMO community. Considering You can get to end game within 3-4 days of simple Playing and hitting Mirror Events, If you maximize your dilithium Earnings and spending the game works for you, not you work for it. You Can Curse at other players or me all you want. But from the Majority of us who have Ran or still run small Fleets, to the Larger Fleets, You won't find much pitty, Especially since it keeps getting EASIER for the Casual Base.
Rihannsu
# 38
12-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
Theres Really not much of a grind added.. I don't even do the Repuation boosting events and I have romulan marks and omega marks Burrying me. I do the Two daily events on rommie space on my 16 characters and if you know again.. what your Doing.. Using.. Intelligence and efficiency it goes quick.
the Tau dewa Tour you can sit on one Planet and kill the 5 waves of enemies for 20% at a time, Goes Real quick if you are setup right. I have more Omega Marks and BNP's coming out of eSTF's then I know what to do with. Hell at the average rate of 6-12 BNP's per Elite STF's One STF can grant me 960 dil + if I get the double BNP drop.. another 2000 dilithium.. thats near 3000 dilithium for one eSTF.. considering they used to just give 1440. Do the Hard missions on Nakura and Defara, hell also do them during the FLARK events and you make enough Flarks to cover decent upgrades real quick.
I have a full time Job and a soon to be 7 year old Son. While he is at a friends house playing or in no interest to hang out with dad I play the game. I consider my self to have a decently full plate. Kid during the Day and work overnight. As well as having 2 Active subs on Eve Online that I handle, 2 subs on Perpetuum Online, SWtor (not worth subbing to but fun at times) and STo running in TWO fleets. I still Get projects going and so does the fleeties. You need either to figure out how to organize your time and how you get stuff done or quit playing one of the Least Grinding Games out there in the MMO community. Considering You can get to end game within 3-4 days of simple Playing and hitting Mirror Events, If you maximize your dilithium Earnings and spending the game works for you, not you work for it. You Can Curse at other players or me all you want. But from the Majority of us who have Ran or still run small Fleets, to the Larger Fleets, You won't find much pitty, Especially since it keeps getting EASIER for the Casual Base.
Your one of the last people that needs to be cursed at, you bring up a valid point and your not insulting anyone.

I don't know i'm just frustrated with the lack of dev input on the small fleet situation, a plain "We hate you and your small fleet" would at least give us some closure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Career Officer
# 39
12-05-2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Here's a better idea.

First, Shut down the ability to create fleets for a while.

Second, offer an incentive for small fleets to disband into larger fleets, OR create a way for fleets to merge that allows provisions and Fleet EXP to be pooled into the new fleet.
Both utterly ridiculous and nonsensical. Why should small fleets be discouraged?
Career Officer
# 40
12-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Your one of the last people that needs to be cursed at, you bring up a valid point and your not insulting anyone.

I don't know i'm just frustrated with the lack of dev input on the small fleet situation, a plain "We hate you and your small fleet" would at least give us some closure.
The thing is tho Sir, I understand your Frustrations, Honestly I do, I have been there. But, this Grind was not Hidden. Everyone Prior to Season 6 had the ability to TEST and VOICE there Concerns On Tribble Test Server. They Dev's believe it or not are decently Active on TTS. The Reason why The Dev's are not Voicing Oppinion on this is because it is not Hatred on small Fleets, But Ignorance By small Fleet Users. They have Stated Exactly how this would be well before it's release in multing Q&As. Again, Most of us are WAY ahead of the game. Tier 1 and 2 were going to be easily achievable by Small Fleets, Tiers 3-5 Were going to be harder. It was Blatantly Stated. Hell I had maybe 5 people Pushing both of my fleets, With me being the top donator amongst both Fleets. I ran the Knights That Said Ni and the Forsaken Reavers. the Knights that said Ni had maybe 5 Actives and we were a tier 3 Starbase, the Forsaken Reavers a KDF fleet was a Tier to soon to be 3 Fleet.

I did recently Can both fleets tho, Only because it ended up being a Two man fleet. At some point It either comes to recruit more, which I was having difficulty doing, or Put down the Limping Horse. To which I did. This did not have anything to do in respect to the starbases or reputation system, but due to the fact that it is not worth keeping a 2 man fleet open. I killed them and joined a friends Fleet. I am not saying this should be the action for everyone. But it was mine.

You Small Fleet Leaders just need to Calm down and remember, It is a Game in the end. You need to remember what you signed up for. Alot of people Left Larger fleets to create there own, or started the game and wanted to run there own fleets and build there own starbases. The Devs are not hating on you. You just need to understand This things are meant to go slow in small numbers. Just like in real life, small numbers can achieve Great things, but Large numbers Have the ability to do it quicker. You are building a Starbase, A massive space Structure. This should not go quick and easy. There are other games out there which players have to grind and wait months to get there skills up to even do this. The Grind in this game is not bad at all and very simple to be honest. Just RELAX and stop thinking things will be accomplished overnight. If you think the Grind is that bad, Maybe it's time to step away from STO for a little bit and try a few other games and then come back. We all Take our break periods to try out other things, If you truly like the game, you will stick to it.