Captain
# 11
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
I should have vaporized the &*^%!@# when I dealt with him in the Hifhar system
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Ensign
# 12
12-05-2012, 06:07 AM
He's a named character, he can't be killed.

Unless, he fastens his seatbelt.... (Let's see who gets the reference.)
Career Officer
# 13
12-05-2012, 07:47 AM
I like the reference to Saturday morning cartoons... that was a good one

though I do believe all who want to / wanted to, vaporize him, (me too), I have a feeling that we are going to see him in the future.

That's more in line with a Saturday morning cartoon bad guy, take a licking and keeps on tickin...
Captain
# 14
12-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter1969 View Post
I like the reference to Saturday morning cartoons... that was a good one

though I do believe all who want to / wanted to, vaporize him, (me too), I have a feeling that we are going to see him in the future.

That's more in line with a Saturday morning cartoon bad guy, take a licking and keeps on tickin...
When I see that little imp next time , He'll be dead hopefully
Career Officer
# 15
12-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyryder View Post

Isn't that Guy from Galaxy Quest?
Community Moderator
# 16 Moved Thread
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
This thread has been relocated from Federation Gameplay to the Missions and Episodes subforum.

On a personal note, I don't see Cryptic changing this much. Madran is what we would call a 'recurring character'. It would be satisfying if you at least got to arrest him and beam him straight to your brig.

We should get accolades for busting Madran over and over again.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 17
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyryder View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter1969 View Post
Isn't that Guy from Galaxy Quest?
I think its Wash from Firefly: Serenity.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 18
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Even if you could capture Madran, he would keep coming back, since it's a repeatable mission.
We can consider Madran one of those slimy go-betweens that governments turn to when they don't want to get their hands dirty and gets bailed out by those same governments because he is useful to them. New Romulus is in desperate need of supplies so they probably aren't looking too close at where those supplies are coming from. I look at the warehouse mission as repeatedly reminding Madran that if he's gonna cheat anyone it better not be the hand that feeds him.
Honestly the mission doesn't make a lot of sense as a repeatable, going over his books and checking inventory, ya ok, you could do that every day without it seeming ridiculous, especially with a Ferenghi involved, but having him escape while you are fighting his guards only to have to do the same things over again the next day turns it into a bad comedy.
It would make more sense if Madran was a bystander in this, he might be aware something is amiss but finds no profit in getting involved, while at the same time the real villains are cloaked Tal'Shiar that are sneaking around in the warehouse, doctoring the records to smuggle in contraband and those are the ones you have to repeatedly fight.
Captain
# 19
12-17-2012, 04:30 PM
That mission needs to be reworked anyway. The mission waypoints are seriously bugged, and there are way too many Hirogen for me and my Boffs to fight without at least three respawns per group. Then again, maybe it's just that my build sucks.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!