Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-05-2012, 05:36 AM
Thanks sheppardus,

In response to your points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheppardus View Post
From all of this all I have actually managed to get point wise is that you are unhappy with having to pay with Dilithium for Reputation items and for upgrading Doffs.
Yes, while that is true, it is not the point of my post. Personally I can afford to do one, or possibly both of those, just not the exchange as well. Other people like me have the same choices to make.

Quote:
You say that cryptic won't be out of pocket with reducing the amount of Dilithium to S6 levels, You do realise that the more people upgrade doffs for little to no cost, the less Duty Officer Packs they are likely to sell...
Agreed, but how important are the Duty Officer Packs, they are only one item in the store, Cryptic have lots of other things to sell and I think that should be their focus for making money. I think the Duty Officer Packs are vastly over priced (or under specd) for what you get, and I bought 13 of them at the end of Season 6.

Quote:
New players/toons shouldn't have the ability to have purple quality officers straight away, work your way through the Assignment Chains to get access to purple doffs and Officer exchange assignments where you can and will get officers with Resolve trait.
They wont. It is quite a lot of work and time upgrading 125 whites to one purple,. I think that that is enough work for the reward, and, at a maximum, the total cost per purple could be set to, say 6k all in, half that of buying purples from Lt Fera (12k). I believe that grinding for items should always cost less that just paying for them and I dont think that upgrading your doff should be just an end game activity or take lots of months, even years. Why shouldnt peole level up their doffs as they level up their toons?

Quote:
I believe the changes to the price to upgrade Doffs was because people were buying White doffs cheaply from the exchange or getting them using fleet credits from the starbase and upgrading the lot
Absolutely, but why not? Is their not enough pain already gathering resources.

Quote:
You are not forced to buy Zen with your Dilithium, nor are you forced to spend your Dilithium on starbase projects or reputation items, if you think the costs are too high don't buy
Agreed, and that is why I dont do starbases, but I do believe, the impact of people like me not selling Dilithium has to affect those players that want (dare I say need) to buy Dilithium. Personally the exchange rate will be great for me, but it is bad for the game, particularly for the players who have spent real money to get their Zen.
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
Dilithium will Skyrocket back up once players stop panicking and realize that the last patch It became even faster then s6 to get dilithium. You just need to figure out how.
dariusmajere, do share your secrets with us, please?

Oh, and in supply and demand it is not just the supply that determines the exchange prices, I am more commenting on the demand increases. Are they ever likely to fall?

Will wiser people than me, please respond.
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Career Officer
# 13
12-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesheep View Post

Oh, and in supply and demand it is not just the supply that determines the exchange prices, I am more commenting on the demand increases. Are they ever likely to fall?

It's not a secret.
Run STFs
Trade Omega Marks 50 for 500 Dilithium
or if you run elites 5 BNPs to 1000 Dilithium
Career Officer
# 14
12-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:

Demand will never Drop since Dilithium is the main commidity in STO. As for my Secrets, No I don't Share. But, play the game more and you will see and learn suddenly and go oh.. this is quicker.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks guys,

I do occasionally hit the 8k cap and I am not unhappy with my daily Dilithium haul across all my toons, the important point is the average player (who is not hardcore) is unlikely to regularly exceed (Cryptics stated 3k average), I am more interested in fixing the game for everyone.

I want to get more of my friends playing and up to STF standards, at the moment I cant see that happening.
Career Officer
# 16
12-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
I want to get more of my friends playing and up to STF standards, at the moment I cant see that happening.
what exactly are "STF standards" ?
I started doing STFs at Lvl 45 with what gear I had available.
A good pilot who knows what they are doing could handle normals with common equipment.
maybe even elites.

So , what is STF standards ?

I am actually interested, as you are not the first I have heard use similar terms.
Career Officer
# 17
12-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
It's not a secret.
Run STFs
Trade Omega Marks 50 for 500 Dilithium
or if you run elites 5 BNPs to 1000 Dilithium
Quote:
A good pilot who knows what they are doing could handle normals with common equipment.
maybe even elites.

I am actually interested, as you are not the first I have heard use similar terms.
And the Secrets out already On Average you can get 6 BNP's out of an eSTF, Sometimes as high so far I seen is 12 at least personally. In the past a Single Successful eSTF gave 1440 Dilithium, Now they give a base of 960 dil and 1 BNP. If you score the optionals you have chances of getting more. Hell I have gotten more BNP's without the optional. If you get the 10+ BNP hit thats 960 dil + 200 dil in processor's cashed in + if you have spare Omega marks even more. So thats 2960 out of an eSTF you are capable of getting. More if you Burn the Omega marks. So if I am lucky I only have to run 3 eSTF's now per toon to hit refinement Cap.

As for Gear in STF's I have been doing eSTF's for so long I can run them in Normal Gear and still be a helpful Team member. You just need to know what the hell you are doing. Remember Alot of us have completed eSTF's with 3-4 people due to idiots Rage quitting, Or DCing. Tho there are alot more pugs out there wrecking STF's now then before.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
maybe even elites.

Probably not the best answer, but for me, close to what you say, though I would feel more than a little uncomfortable with a T4 ship with all common items.

For most people I would guess, as the RAF pilots would say: Airspeed, altitude and brains: any two out of the three are needed to complete the flight successfully. In this case it boils down to a good ship and a good driver, either will do. (and before I get trolled, yes idiots are idiots whatever the metaphor)

I am probably not in the same skill level as you, bit too old, slow etc... most of my friends are worse than me. The thing is, this is a game for everyone who likes it, not just the ones who are good at it. So while in regular STFs I am often the prime target (and yes I have no points in Threat Control), I dont do elite often, not until I think I can hold my own without letting the side down.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
when the price falls under 100 dilithium per zen, no one in there right mind would use the exchange unless they were really desperate.
Maybe you are right, but if the value of dilithium stays at a sertain value for a long period of time, the only way you can get more is to buy, and that will force them to buy even if they dont think it's worth it.

And we will all adapt.... when we do, we won't remember what the value was before.
(the value of dilithium at that time will be NORMAL)
That's MY predicament.
Captain
# 20
12-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I love the current state of the dil economy and don't want it changed. Yeah it sucks for the majority of people who only relied on officer reports to get dil, but for people who can run lots of STFs its great. I can earn just as much dil as before in s7 but now get way more zen for it, soon I will own everything in the z-store for free for both factions. Just got a Vesta 3 pack without spending any money on it today.