Captain
# 21
12-05-2012, 03:30 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6925771]
Quote:
for the moment I'll let Joan say how I feel about the KDF, Cryptic and STO.
Joan Jett
Surely Elton John?
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
# 22
12-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
For instance, eliminating the entire "Night of the Comet" string from the KDF side and nobody'd really miss it
Orion whores/dancers would, it's the source of the nerve tonic for their "sexy" dance

KDF Players would also lose the chance to get the TOS-style weapons (like the Klingon Disruptor pistol), and of course, the ghostbuster gun and the Devidian ship device thingy.
Captain
# 23
12-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Orion whores/dancers would, it's the source of the nerve tonic for their "sexy" dance

KDF Players would also lose the chance to get the TOS-style weapons (like the Klingon Disruptor pistol), and of course, the ghostbuster gun and the Devidian ship device thingy.
y'know, I've played that mission several times and NEVER GOT the "Nerve tonic". not once, lol.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 24
12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
y'know, I've played that mission several times and NEVER GOT the "Nerve tonic". not once, lol.
Yes, you did or you couldn't complete the mission.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 25
12-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Yes, you did or you couldn't complete the mission.
no, poured whiny her drink, but nothing ever showed up in my inventory post-mission except for the hardware.
Captain
# 26
12-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
no, poured whiny her drink, but nothing ever showed up in my inventory post-mission except for the hardware.
Same drink, but the trick is that you cant have more than 1 in inventory at a time, so make one and give it to your boff, make another, give it away, etc, then complete the mission. When you're back at a bank terminal put them into the bank, or mail them (they do not stack). Drink one and your female toon will dance all sleazy like- great weekend fun.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Empire Veteran
# 27
12-05-2012, 11:35 AM
[quote=vitzh;6937321]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

Surely Elton John?
Only if Dan wears those glasses.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 28
12-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Same drink, but the trick is that you cant have more than 1 in inventory at a time, so make one and give it to your boff, make another, give it away, etc, then complete the mission. When you're back at a bank terminal put them into the bank, or mail them (they do not stack). Drink one and your female toon will dance all sleazy like- great weekend fun.
or better yet, sell the stuff! (I'm going to try this tonight-fleet's been stalled for several days)
Empire Veteran
# 29
12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
nerve tonic..

won't stack..

over a year and a half ago a cryptic dev siaid thet it would be made availible as a purchase (the emote)

Honestly, if I didn't have a LTM and wanted THIS game to be a lot more then it is, I wouldn't be here.. I did my act of faith way back..

KDF Mission content..

Right here, right now, while it would be excellent to have specific KDF story missions, and it certainly CAN be done... let us note it has been stated that Cryptic is lazy... not so much lazy folks, and just flat greedy to the point af making a Ferengi look generous, and philanthropic in comparison.

LOBI store... ohhhh top end ship 800 Lobi crystals.. lets see.. that a minimum of 160 lockboxes (assuming you get 5 out of each box.. good luck with that..).. lets see master keys work out to around .90 to 1.00$ a key if you but them in lots of 10 (current price 1000 Zen for $10) so to get that ship means you can expect to pay $160 to $200 per ship.

Greed.. pure, unmitigated greed.. Cryptic has lost sight of the IP and what Trek is all about.

There are people who keep stateing in these forums that the LOBI store etc is all super cool, and great and.... I'd call them "Moron" but that would be an insult to moron's and a waste of a perfectly good insult...

What i have seen time and again is Crytic Studio's as a whole grabbing of any excuse to not do something. That will justify NOT adding content to the game that isn't monitized in some way. ANd lets add.. Lieing to its customers about it.. no excuses excepted on this.. "at the time" , "things change" etc.. Call it BS as it adds in toto to a specific purpousfull goal of missleading, misdirecting, dissambling to, and decieving thier customers so they wont run off and take thier money elsewhere. But Trek fans, and Trek gamers are fiathfull belivers. We want to belive.. and the management at Cryptic, and PWI are more then willing to take advantage of that, because there is no way the ongoing and constant conspiricy of deception could have kept this game running without it.. to obvious, to transparent, and way to obviously manipulative, including shills in the forums...

I'll belive there more KDF content when I see it. I'm even willing to have a little bit of faith there might be. What I won't be doing is lauding STO in the hopes it'll motivate the4 studio to expidite delivery.. Because simply put, it won't work. It's never worked in the past, and it won't work now.. Some may remember this, but at one point Cryptic staffers posted on the games forums at around release asking thier players to go vote for STO as the best new MMO.. well, we did.. and even got a title to pin on our characters about it. The writing was on the wall.. Cryptic studio's as more then willing to skew a fan vote for free publicity. Really, I'm convinced. STO will likely be pretty much dead in two to three years at this point if the studio doesn't start adding a lot more REAL content instead of more monitizing scemes. There only so long the majority of the players can choose to be stupid. On the other hand.. considering that would put STO easily within the run time for an MMO that would make the game a success. Of course there is no other IP they could possibly get away with this with other then Startrek. The other biggest scifi IP on the planets is Starwars.. and in thier MMO's they don't do anything close to this crap...more respect for the product and the players I can only assume.

The Alternatives or "it wont be star trek, but it will be Sci Fi."

NCSoft is very nearly done on thore SciFi staerday morning cartoon/space opera MMO Lonestar.. and Chris Roberts "Star Citizen" is now firmly in development. Eve is expanding with DUST just around the corner, with a nod to quite possible at some point adding actuall in game social area's where player avatars can interact with each other...CCP is in no rush to do this.. Considering Eve is very much an adult game it could be that they just want to get it right the first time so they dont have to worry about it a great deal afterwards..

Everyone here who is a KDF player did our voting with our wallets mostly some time ago.. time to vote again.. and urge your fed buddies to do the same.. STOP SPENDING MONEY ON STO. Better to see this game die and give another Studio a shot at the IP...
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Lieutenant
# 30
12-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlc355 View Post
The Klingon game play lacks mission even after doing the entire story line and the daily missions.
More missions are available daily if you completed them the day before, thus creating a temporal vortex of continuous content.

Your argument is invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlc355 View Post
I think there need to be more missions for the Klingon game play.
I think so too. It's bunk that, even if you wait until you max your Fed to VA before you level a KDF toon, you're still just... repeating the same content (most of the way, at least.)

Missing out on those first 20 levels... sucks.

But, really, the aesthetic quality of KDF space, and ships, and the playability of the ships, is totally worth it. Even though it's not really as viable of a levelling option as others, Foundry missions are pretty fun. When /if the Foundry is up.