Lt. Commander
# 121
12-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Sry sollvac but you are incorrect, anytning that happened in the prime timeline may still unfold. We were not told any specifics of who has perished. Any and all characters from the "primeline" May still be around. Just because events unfold differently does not me similar outcomes are not possible. After all the primeline enterprise crew is now together.

And in any work of fictionthe writers are indeed "god."

Most of your agruements have lil to no merit. Q did introduce humans to the borg "early" as guinan even said that humana weren't suppose to be out that far that soon. Vulcans not in starfleet, um hello spock. Clones of clones of clones have mistakes, not the original clones themselves.

Also you "assume" alot with your time scenarios. If one goes back and kills speices 1, who is to say species 2 doesn;t simply take over and become the borg. And if there were no borg the undine whouldnot have game to our space, they came here to retaliate not conquer.

Star trek takes the point of veiw of a multiverse, where all outcomes happen. Which ones will happen in the univerese jj is creating who is to know. If you hate what jj has done thats all good and fine. But anything and everything is still possible in the abramsverse.

Last edited by allmytee; 12-05-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 122
12-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Sry sollvac but you are incorrect, anytning that happened in the prime timeline may still unfold. We were not told any specifics of who has perished. Any and all characters from the "primeline" May still be around. Just because events unfold differently does not me similar outcomes are not possible. After all the primeline enterprise crew is now together.
the newverse is doomed the true universe is fine

Quote:
And in any work of fictionthe writers are indeed "god."
nah they are like senior NCO's they only think they are God

Quote:
Most of your agruements have lil to no merit. Q did introduce humans to the borg "early" as guinan even said that humana weren't suppose to be out that far that soon. Vulcans not in starfleet, um hello spock.
Guiinan of course now Dies in the ribbon
and spock isn't vulcan
besides there will now be no more
all vulcans have a duty to live in an armoured bunker and breed

Quote:
Also you "assume" alot with your time scenarios. If one goes back and kills speices 1, who is to say species 2 doesn;t simply take over and become the borg. Clones of clones of clones have mistakes, not the original clones themselves.
clones have mistakes (earth science has proved this with carnivore Sheep , 6 legged frogs and mice with no ears)
Clones of Clones just mostly Die

Quote:
If you hate what jj has done thats all good and fine. But anything and everything is still possible in the abramsverse
no
for example its now impossible for Spock to suffer pon far and go home to vulcan
its also impossible for the Vulcans as a species to have any major impact
they are now PANDAS
they need to be captive bred
Career Officer
# 123
12-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I can't figure out why anyone would try to insist what MUST happen to the new universe or people based in it based on probability of the same events unfolding. They don't have to be probable. The writers just have to decide to make them happen.

When has probability EVER been right in Star Trek?

I can think of dozens of times where someone stated that the probability of an event was low or high. And they were never right. Because what happened was what the writer wanted to happen. To get the events the writers needed or arrive at the point that the story was supposed to make.

Probability is a red herring.

If the writers want Tuvok or Picard or Guinan or the Borg, they'll make it happen.

And I'm going to advance predict that they'll setup the introduction of the Borg in this one, with the Borg as the next villains. Missing colonies, maybe. A Borg after the end credits.

And people may complain and say they should do Klingons -- and I'm burned out on the Borg a bit as well. But if I were putting a teaser into the end of the movie to get audiences buzzing for the next one? I'd probably go with the Borg.

Maybe have the next film be about Klingons and Kirk putting aside differences to fight the Borg. Because it would fill seats in a theater.
Survivor of Romulus
# 124
12-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
I can't figure out why anyone would try to insist what MUST happen to the new universe or people based in it based on probability of the same events unfolding. They don't have to be probable. The writers just have to decide to make them happen

Even writers can't fight the curve

Quote:
When has probability EVER been right in Star Trek?
All the time ??
Data and Spock Jadzia and Tuvok (later corpse girl as well) always giving probablities

Quote:
I can think of dozens of times where someone stated that the probability of an event was low or high. And they were never right. Because what happened was what the writer wanted to happen. To get the events the writers needed or arrive at the point that the story was supposed to make.
and hundreds of times it was right

Example
butter a piece of toast
spread it nice and thick
holding it vertically by the corner over your most expensive carpet drop it

the probability of it landing butter side down is considerably higher than 50%
indeed butter and drop 100 pieces of toast and about 70% will land butter side down (more if the bread is curved , the toast is particularly crispy or the carpet is hard to clean)
this is due to probability And the law of bloody mindedness

Quote:
Probability is a red herring.
that would be PLOT

Quote:
If the writers want Tuvok or Picard or Guinan or the Borg, they'll make it happen.
only if they send back another time traveller to save the timeline from kirk

Quote:
And I'm going to advance predict that they'll setup the introduction of the Borg in this one, with the Borg as the next villains. Missing colonies, maybe. A Borg after the end credits.
And kill the franchise ENTIRELY
Trek fans are totally sick of the Borg

Quote:
And people may complain and say they should do Klingons -- and I'm burned out on the Borg a bit as well. But if I were putting a teaser into the end of the movie to get audiences buzzing for the next one? I'd probably go with the Borg.
Id go with Spock standing over the body of Kirk with a phaser in his hand firing into the body over and over again

OR the Enterprise being scanned and displayed on a view screen by a Grinning (orignal series ) Gorn

Quote:
Maybe have the next film be about Klingons and Kirk putting aside differences to fight the Borg. Because it would fill seats in a theater.
Or the Borg and Klingons putting aside their differences to fight Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 125
12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
How can Guinan (or anybody for that matter) die in the Ribbon if Picard was able to bring Kirk back???

She's not dead.

I understand you want to make up stuff to ease your conflict with JJ Trek, but come on, at least make it reasonable.

If you really want to be clever, you should have said that Kirk is still alive...

If somebody else goes into the Ribbon and finds him then brings him back again.

Last edited by herbie1966; 12-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 126
12-05-2012, 10:44 AM
She died in it the FIRST time as the younger dumber kirk in the less advanced enterprise blows the hell out of it
Lt. Commander
# 127
12-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
She died in it the FIRST time as the younger dumber kirk in the less advanced enterprise blows the hell out of it

Now you're really being silly.
Captain
# 128
12-05-2012, 10:58 AM
I have heard semi - credible reports that Starfleet headquaters and Starfleet Acedemy are completely destroyed.

In the end Starfleet is disbanded and kirk and crew are 1 of the few earth starships that remain.

The Federation breaks apart and Kirk goes it alone.

until perhaps movie 3
Survivor of Romulus
# 129
12-05-2012, 11:02 AM
"Fleeing from the (insert baddy here) Tyranny the last Starship Enterprise leads a rag tag fleet on a lonely Quest a shining planet known as Romulus"

JJ is making battlestar Galactica He always was

the phaser has Recoil??
the ships weapons are DHC?
The crew is made up of over sexed teens
Captain
# 130
12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
"Fleeing from the (insert baddy here) Tyranny the last Starship Enterprise leads a rag tag fleet on a lonely Quest a shining planet known as Romulus"

JJ is making battlestar Galactica He always was

the phaser has Recoil??
the ships weapons are DHC?
The crew is made up of over sexed teens
Though, let us honest with ourselves, that started with Brannon Braga and Ronald D. Moore.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.