# 81
12-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
A film should make $3 on the dollar
MINIMUM
By your standard, not everyone else's
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 82
12-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I liked ST 09, better than Insurrection, Nemesis, Motion Picture, and Final Frontier.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 83
12-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I liked ST 09, better than Insurrection, Nemesis, Motion Picture, and Final Frontier.
To be honest, that's a bar that wasn't very high.....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 84
12-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Budget was $150 million. It made $235,494,555 in the box office. Commercial success? Yes.
pay 150 mills (new average actors ....there was no Brad Pitt in the movie) to make abit over 50% lol
That movie was at best a average joke.Bad for a sci fi movie ,borring and cheesy as hell and with nothing star trek in it.Most sci fi fans dont know about it and if you ask about major movies in 2009 dont even mention that expensive thing.
If the first one got 85 mills profit ,it is expected that those who know is made by the same little JJ wont pay a dime for his lack of imagination because this time people will know what to expect.

BTW http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377092/ lol at JJ Trek with his change profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Critical success? Yes.
critics aka fanboism.IGN reviews games and movies and they call themselves critics.99% they are BS.Check SWTOR review and rating and STO at release .

Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
All had better profit than 2009 JJ flare ,better actors and even less things to make your eyes pop from lens flare and cheap computer animations.

Last edited by adrianm63; 12-05-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 85
12-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
pay 150 mills (new average actors ....there was no Brad Pitt in the movie) to make abit over 50% lol
That movie was at best a average joke.Bad for a sci fi movie ,borring and cheesy as hell and with nothing star trek in it.Most sci fi fans dont know about it and if you ask about major movies in 2009 dont even mention that expensive thing.
If the first one got 85 mills profit ,it is expected that those who know is made by the same little JJ wont pay a dime for his lack of imagination because this time people will know what to expect.

critics aka fanboism.IGN reviews games and movies and they call themselves critics.99% they are BS.Check SWTOR review and rating and STO at release .

All had better profit than 2009 JJ flare ,better actors and even less things to make your eyes pop from lens flare and cheap computer animations.
It still made a profit And the 'at best' is that it made a lot of money, was quite good to non fans, and 'merely' mixed opinions among previous ST fans.

I've seen every ST film from Motion Picture to Nemesis, and I still enjoyed it, even though I am also a fan of the other films and series

And fanboy critics? Please; their JOB is to be critical, which means not having bias or favoritism... and a large majority liked it on those merits. No amount of denial can change that

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 12-05-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Captain
# 86
12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
2 things - I believe the $385 mill was domestic.

Also I have heard credible reports as I noted in the other thread - that Starfleet headquarters, starfleet acedemy and most of starfleet is destroyed. Starfleet and the federation is all but abondoned and kirk and crew have to go it alone.

But fear not - they should have an explosion or sex scene every 3 min - so most will not notice the last of startrek being removed for part 3:

Lost in Space
Empire Veteran
# 87
12-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
2 things - I believe the $385 mill was domestic.
No, that was the total gross About 257 mill of that was domestic, while the rest was international. ST was never big overseas anyway though

Not that it matters one way or the other

Captain
# 88
12-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
It still made a profit And the 'at best' is that it made a lot of money, was quite good to non fans, and 'merely' mixed among previously ST fans.
S*** movies make more profit with less money http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377092/
...way way way way moreST 2009 is an average movie like it or not ,nothing amazing about it just in "meh" category not worthy of the name.

JJ is just a average guy (like his movies) with no imagination or any talet.PLay some foundry missions in STO and you will see that there are people which are way way way better than him at writing good stories and using the brain for imagination,none of them being paid millions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
ST was never big overseas anyway though
Then excuse my european a** for buying all Star Trek movies on DvD and BluRay or fan clubs in UK or Germany ...heck ,excuse Patrick Stewart for being from oversea
Captain
# 89
12-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Then excuse my european a** for buying all Star Trek movies on DvD and BluRay or fan clubs in UK or Germany ...heck ,excuse Patrick Stewart for being from oversea
Yeah I'm pretty sure the rest of the world added up equals more than the American market alone.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 90
12-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Funny I watched an interview with Patrick Steward where he said that he got a call to read for the part of Captian Picard and he had to ask around what was this show called Star Trek - he had never heard of it before. He was like "Well you have to understand I had my neck deep in the Threatre - sci fiction was not my cup of tea"