Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
We bicker and argue amongst ourselves in the fleets in pvp chats in zone chats and sometimes its out of frustration, It happens to all of ous, but the responsible people for how bad balance in pvp is even without the pay2win crap is Gecko.

Change is needed, we just dont have the right person there to help ous, instead he increase the crap with the consoles/ships and the other junk.

People regard me as an exploiter and fine sure you know we all did use it, some people weren't just aware of it but I actually did bug report the Attackpattern-Zigz incidient. The only thing that made them change it was it was brought up on the PVP forums and had big flames going for like 200 posts..

How can we as players sit around and say don't do bad things with these powers when? sometimes its not even as obvious as faw1.0 was we had 200 posts in that thread and most of them in the start was it was totally fine to use.

I don't mean that I think new ships and consoles are bad in everyway tho, I mean I would love to have new ships and consoles and engines and all sorts of things Its just the goal for the current consoles/ships and stuff its just to sell and it have a bad impact on pvp as it currently is done.
Noone.
Captain
# 2
12-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Personally, I pride myself on not getting caught-up in that kind to unnecessary chest thumping.

It's the humble guys/ gals that blow me apart in seconds that impress me. When I see them doing it consistently without the need to be known, I see the glimmer of the true magic of PvP at its raw potential.
Career Officer
# 3
12-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
potential.
Key word. STO has loads of it, trouble is the studio in charge is categorically failing to realise it.
Sure, STO may be making the balance sheet (no, not Gekos' lolbalance sheet, the economic one) look good for now, but I'm talking about the potential to be one of the literal best pvp games out there. The space combat mechanics are excellent, if we could just change the guys in charge...
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Commander
# 4
12-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
We bicker and argue amongst ourselves in the fleets in pvp chats in zone chats and sometimes its out of frustration, It happens to all of ous, but the responsible people for how bad balance in pvp is even without the pay2win crap is Gecko.

Change is needed, we just dont have the right person there to help ous, instead he increase the crap with the consoles/ships and the other junk.

People regard me as an exploiter and fine sure you know we all did use it, some people weren't just aware of it but I actually did bug report the Attackpattern-Zigz incidient. The only thing that made them change it was it was brought up on the PVP forums and had big flames going for like 200 posts..

How can we as players sit around and say don't do bad things with these powers when? sometimes its not even as obvious as faw1.0 was we had 200 posts in that thread and most of them in the start was it was totally fine to use.

I don't mean that I think new ships and consoles are bad in everyway tho, I mean I would love to have new ships and consoles and engines and all sorts of things Its just the goal for the current consoles/ships and stuff its just to sell and it have a bad impact on pvp as it currently is done.
You're not an exploiter Zorandra...

I got your back.
Captain
# 5
12-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah Z, who is calling you an exoiter?

*shares hax*

Now your an exploiter.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Personally, I pride myself on not getting caught-up in that kind to unnecessary chest thumping.

It's the humble guys/ gals that blow me apart in seconds that impress me. When I see them doing it consistently without the need to be known, I see the glimmer of the true magic of PvP at its raw potential.
This is the most intelligent post written in these forums for a long, long time.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
This is the most intelligent post written in these forums for a long, long time.
Agreed. He has a firm grasp on things.

Though I can see Z's (may I use that name) angst at the system when Devs state that a little OP is needed to sell new product.

Besides I never considered Z an exploiter on any of the time I crossed paths. I just figured I fought a better player.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 12-06-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I may not pvp all that often as of late or at all (used to on and off since beta) since I perfer the pve side of things; but alot of the players I know from the forums here and ingame I know are fun to game with in both aspects, I do agree that pvp overall in sto needs a rebuild from the ground up esp on the fact there needs to be more incentive for people to play it more often.

Would love to see a pvp map of the month/week system based on the top rated foundry map to give people more maps to play, among other improvements.

Actually if there is a position open one of you should apply for it.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Captain
# 9
12-07-2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:

Whether they kill me with raw skill or even a superfluous amount of cheese - as long as there's no bragging, etc, etc, etc - I take my lumps, try to get better, and come back for more.

With the skilled guys and gals, it kind of makes me think of all the "cool" heroes in various movies that just get the job done. It's something to be respected.

With the cheesefest folks, it's what Cryptic's done with the game - so it's what it is. May not like it, but as long as there's no bragging - it's easy to focus the disdain on Cryptic for their lack of concern and consideration for PvP. When they brag...well, I want to rip their legs off and club them about the face with their bloody appendages (no, not really - I'm not that kind of violent psycho... I take my meds, nicotine and caffeine - I'm all good)...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 10
12-07-2012, 03:44 AM
Not to sound all Loveboat on you or anything...

Quote:

but that has to be one of the most beautiful posts I've read on these threads. For serious like double rainbows moment.

+10 kudos to you
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE