Ensign
# 141
12-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Unmelting snowballs have been around since last years winter event... I still have 30 in my bank. Do you see yourself getting griefed constantly now? Nope! Plus it just makes you have a bit of frost float off of you and gives you the ability to throw one back if you click the temporary button that shows up in your power tray. It's a fun item, it does not slow you down or hold you or anything. You just get hit with a snowball, unless you are an over-dramatic Drozana Station RPer... then you wont care.

I love how people constantly complain in these forums without having the slightest clue about anything.
First off, I wasn't complaining, I was simply expressing a concern. And second, as I said this is my first winter event on the game, so I've been here less than a year and didn't know that the unmelting snowballs were a holdover from last year.
Lt. Commander
# 142
12-05-2012, 11:05 AM
WoooHoooo! Chel thank you, thank you
Captain
# 143
12-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I told Cryptic about selling coats for the winter snow maps months ago. I should get an idea finders fee cut of every jacket sold lol. I can pull up my post to prove it. I told you they would fly off the rack, judging by comments so far. And they do look great. Unless its too grindy or expensive, every one of my Captains and away teams are getting a jacket for Christmas!

But how exactly do I get them? Are they in the holiday bundle for 5 lobi? So thats what opening two lockboxes per jacket bundle?

How are they equipped? Do i have to pay EC everytime I want to wear them and save my old costumes for each Capt and BO? Ideally they are devices where I can keep armor fx disabled and enable jackets on the fly whenever I beam down surprisingly into a blizzard. So can you fill in the exact details of the jackets Jman?

Also Jman, what are the odds we can get a year round winter map based off Yosemite National Park? Day and night cycle. Big wood lodge. Deer to hunt, etc
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 144
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi Captains!

Just a heads up that the minimum level for players to participate in Q's Winter Wonderland is 5+ (Fed) and 24+ (KDF).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 145
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains!

Just a heads up that the minimum level for players to participate in Q's Winter Wonderland is 5+ (Fed) and 24+ (KDF).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Makes sense. Anyone that's atually done anything, in other words. I'll tell you ONE thing right now - I'm getting that ship on ALL my characters. Just TOO good to not have.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 146
12-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

YES! That means I only need to get Arwen up 2 levels to be able to get those wonderful jackets and ship. Oh happy days.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Starfleet Veteran
# 147 Honest Feedback
12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Considering that many folks have more than half a dozen characters, would it not make sense to have the cost 400-500 of those thingies. That way people are able to spend more time doing this and other stuff in game and still have time for a real life over the holidays. The idea of having to think about this minor task for 25 days (time gated) feels too much like a mandated ritual to STO/PWE for a free ship.

As for the option to buy the items, 2-6 tokens for 5 lobis (which is obtained via lockbox-key purchases) is way to small. At least 10 and more like 20, tokens for 5 lobis is appropriate (not that I would spend money on what, is suppose to be a free item).

Finally, I just plan on doing this for two of my toons (the ones I want to give it to), but others might want to be able to change which toon actually uses it. An account-bound box would allow the player to move it to another toon and then it is character bound on opening is appropriate.

Either way, nice gift, just don't make it a pain in the process of getting it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 148
12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
you do realize that not everyone celebrates the birthday of a convicted criminal roughly 2000years ago
The modern way to celebrate Christmas comes from A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

Previous to that the festival known as Christmas was set at this time of year to overwrite the pagan festival that had been held since long before. In modern times it's a special day for many for various reasons, not all of them religious.

Nevertheless there is no mention of any religion in this festival so no day is any more important than another. Outside the game many people around the world will be having the day off and spending it with friends and family, religious leanings or not so any special event just on that day would exclude people.
Ensign
# 149
12-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Im pretty sure im blind or stupid but i cant seem to find Q?s Appreciation Package at all, even at the lobi consortium...

Edit: Now it's there...so i guess i was blind heh

Last edited by webbie00; 12-06-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Career Officer
# 150
12-06-2012, 01:29 PM
The animations when wearing the Frosted Boots on the ice lake are fantastic!
I think can spend hours just skating around
My thanks to the dev who made these animations!
------------------------------------------------
Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.