Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121118e.18

General:
  • The Starfleet and Embassy contribution popups will now list items that are currently equipped.
    • The windows will indicate that the items are equipped as well as confirm the contribution of the equipped item.
  • Boldly They Rode updated:
    • The console for overriding the security systems will now display FX.
    • Lowered two posts that were floating above the surface of the station.
  • Fleet Projects: All "Station Personnel Officer" projects should once again be accepting Bridge Officer Candidates as valid contribution inputs.
  • The Queue Instance mini-window will now close properly when entering into a queued map.
  • New Romulus: Players must use the UI beam out button on the minimap.
    • The low priority interact button has been removed.
  • Resolved the issue with the New Romulus Mountain Pass not completing properly.

Systems:
  • Reputation System updated:
    • Removed all Reputation XP gains from Direct Gear projects, Store Unlock projects, Costume Unlock projects and Consumable projects.
    • Reduced duration timers on all of the above types of projects from 40 hours to 2 minutes.
  • Updated the Vesta:
    • The Vesta Auxiliary Cannon and Quantum Field Focus Phaser can no longer be fired while your Quantum Focused Shield Bubble is up.
      • This returns it to the behavior it initially had, before a recent patch inadvertently changed this.
    • Activating Batteries or other powers that fix Weapons Offline, like Engineering Team, will no longer allow you to fire weapons while your Quantum Shield is up.
    • Weapon Offline will now disable the Vesta Auxiliary Cannon and Quantum Field Focus Phaser.
      • However, loosing Weapon Power will not disable these weapons.
  • Changed the display name of the Breen Set 3 Piece Bonus to "Breen Energy Syphon", which is a more accurate description of the function of the ability.
    • This is a text change only.
  • Fabrication Engineers will no longer list "Ground" or "Space" in their description since some correspond to different active duty slots than others.
  • The cooldown on the Fleet Tribble and Dilithium Tribble will no longer reset each time you pet them.
  • Trill Bridge Officers can no longer be contributed to the Tellarite Officer Fleet project.

Last edited by zer0niusrex; 12-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Ensign
# 2
12-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]Reduced duration timers on all of the above types of projects from 40 hours to 2 minutes.
[
Why this? 40 Hours are to long, but 2 minutes are to short. Sry but do you what what is balancing? I'm very tired about this
Community Moderator
# 3
12-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post

Reduced duration timers on all of the above types of projects from 40 hours to 2 minutes.
Well that's just a tiny reduction...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Republic Veteran
# 4
12-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekumulum View Post
Why this? 40 Hours are to long, but 2 minutes are to short. Sry but do you what what is balancing? I'm very tired about this
Are you for real?
Career Officer
# 5
12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Why not? This is for the projects where you buy stuff, not the normal rep projects. No reason we should tie up a slot for ages just to get the fruits of our rep grind. I approve.

You'll still have the long wait time for the supplies missions and things that actually give you rep XP.
Career Officer
# 6
12-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
Are you for real?
No kidding... 2 minutes is even too long. it should be no different than going to a vendor to buy level 50 gear, only to find out that you are level 49 and do not qualify. However, when you are level 50, you can purchase it immediately. Since the gear/consumables etc.. are taking up reputation advancement and one of the couple slots available, the unlock time should be immediate, but I am happy with 2 minutes even though you shouldn't have to pay dilithium to unlock the store only to turn around and pay dilithium to buy the item. Its like you are being double taxed.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Lieutenant
# 7
12-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Any word on Tachyon Harmonic III fix.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
12-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Fleet Projects: All "Station Personnel Officer" projects should once again be accepting Bridge Officer Candidates as valid contribution inputs.
Hooray!!
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 9
12-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Seriously, if 2 minutes is 2 minutes too many, you're nitpicking.

I'll take 2 minutes over 40 HOURS any day of the week.

Let me ask you...what does 4 minutes of your time really mean in STO (assuming you can fill the projects immediately) compared to 3 days and 8 hours of not having full gear? (Assuming you have all the inputs for the 3 pieces of gear you're wanting immediately and re-slot the minute you grab the first 2 from completion).

If it's that pressing a need to have another few minutes, I'd ask you to re-consider your time in STO and away from the real world.
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconalpha1 View Post
Any word on Tachyon Harmonic III fix.
+1 to this.

Great news on store unlocks though, 2 minutes down from 40 hours is a big leap and not one to turn your nose up at.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.