Career Officer
# 341
11-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Larger ships should have a bonus to Ramming speed damage... If I hit you with my Vo'Quv or Jupiter... You should spload...

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Ensign
# 342
12-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Make it a 3/2/2/3 weapon build and cannon ability so it can have a Broadside firing ability. Players can mount DHC's or torps on side if they want. If people want point defense, there is a console already available for it. Dreadnauts are meant to be devastating but easy to shoot. They just need to be able to absorb massive damage via armor/shields. That way not everyone wants one. but if one shows up in STF's, other ships can support it while it doles out the pain. Of course turning ability should be 6 at the most. It would be a ship for a very specific purpose, not suited for all missions.
Survivor of Romulus
# 343
12-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Because it's a dreadnought, give it the ability to use dual heavies front and back, and allow the heavies to pivot, like on the dreadnoughts of old (give them a BA arc). In this way the ship would be like a dreadnoughts of old, big, heavily armed and armored. The balance for a ship like this could be the extremely poor speed and turn rate, a ship that's even slower than the odyssey or Vo'quv. Avoid most damage by approaching her bow or stern while avoiding her broadsides. Make a real "dreadnought" that has some serious presence on the battlefield.

Just a fun thought, perhaps not very practical, just still a fun thought for something a bit old school naval.
Rihannsu
# 344
12-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgemccloude View Post
Make it a 3/2/2/3 weapon build and cannon ability so it can have a Broadside firing ability. Players can mount DHC's or torps on side if they want. If people want point defense, there is a console already available for it. Dreadnauts are meant to be devastating but easy to shoot. They just need to be able to absorb massive damage via armor/shields. That way not everyone wants one. but if one shows up in STF's, other ships can support it while it doles out the pain. Of course turning ability should be 6 at the most. It would be a ship for a very specific purpose, not suited for all missions.
Sir, I really like what you said there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Commander
# 345
12-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Me too! I would be winning to drop some money for this.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 346
12-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
They just need to be able to absorb massive damage via armor/shields. That way not everyone wants one. but if one shows up in STF's, other ships can support it while it doles out the pain.
What are we thinking for hull and shield modifiers?

I'm thinking base hull of Vo'Quv and possibly 1.1 or 1.2 shield modifiers.

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Commander
# 347
12-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Thinking 45,000 hull and 1.5 shield mods. Just 3-4 turning, and half engine speed.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 348
12-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
Thinking 45,000 hull and 1.5 shield mods. Just 3-4 turning, and half engine speed.

Kyle
I'm hesitant to agree with the 45k hull because then it would impinge on the Vo'Quv, and the Vo'Quv is the same size as the Jupiter (roughly). PERHAPS, 43k but even then that may be to much of a difference from a ship that is of the same size and power.

I like the idea of 1.5 shield mod, but somehow I think it won't happen The highest we've seen is 1.2 on normal ships and I THINK ~1.4 on fleet sci ships. It would be opening a can of red hot rage if the Jupiter got 1.5

Best case scenario: 42-44k hull, 1.1-2 shield modifier.

-Quiiliitiila
Commander
# 349
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
True, but with very slow speed it has big draw backs. Some of the fleet ships have over 45,000 hull. But 3,000 is not that much difference.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 350
12-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
True, but with very slow speed it has big draw backs. Some of the fleet ships have over 45,000 hull. But 3,000 is not that much difference.

Kyle
I was trying to stay away from having the "base" level of the Jupiter be moire powerful than the Fleet versions of ships. I'd rather not have another pay to win debate with someone if the Jupiter is a C-ship and more powerful than a fleet retrofit. That'd be a messy situation...

Then again, I wouldn't care... I'd have a Jupiter and that's all I need!

-Quiiliitiila