Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 523
# 111
12-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Avoiding irrelevance? Not really a difficult task. ^.^
If you had found any irrelevance in that very relevant comment I would forgive you. But seeing as there wasn't any irrelevance in my very relevant comment I will consider your comment irrelevant until you discover the relevance of said comment relevant!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,714
# 112
12-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Mewi and Trek21, I will just say this.

Take your PvP someplace else. You have both derailed this thread enough at this point, and you both sound like petulant children who just need to have the last word in your petty little argument.

Not a single one of the rest of us, gives two piles of feces, about anything either one of you are saying anymore, because both of you have gone past the point of saying anything useful (one of you never even tried), and you are now just continuing to derail the thread for your own petty little insult contest.

At this point you have both made yourselves look bad enough. Grow up.


This thread is about the stats of the new ship.
AND on that topic.

I still think the thing is as ugly as ships get, but it does have some very nice stats. I am liking the 4/4 weapon slots along with the whole can load cannons. I honestly really like the stats. It's a good ship.

Too bad I will never fly it.
Oh, I'll do the winter event and get one, maybe even one for a couple toons.
But, to me, it's just a butt-ugly ship.
I have to echo a sentiment from somewhere above me in this thread.
Why couldn't the Galaxy Dread have a stat out like this ?
I mean , seriously.

And lastly, a question. In canon, the Klingon ships were resistant to the breen energy disapater. Will there be any way to reflect this in the game ?

Thanks for a great ship, Devs.
Sorry I'll never fly it.
Well in all fairness, I did state this was a weakness of mine somewhere I don't deny that's my fault though.

Mewi though... I can't tell if she doesn't notice or care, and she hasn't apologized, but I'll stop right there. There has been enough of that already, you're right.

I definitely like the ship's stats though, even if not for the look. A nice destroyer type, though I won't be getting it, but I know others will enjoy it
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 12-05-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 113
12-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Mewi and Trek21, I will just say this.

Take your PvP someplace else. You have both derailed this thread enough at this point, and you both sound like petulant children who just need to have the last word in your petty little argument.

Not a single one of the rest of us, gives two piles of feces, about anything either one of you are saying anymore, because both of you have gone past the point of saying anything useful (one of you never even tried), and you are now just continuing to derail the thread for your own petty little insult contest.

At this point you have both made yourselves look bad enough. Grow up.


This thread is about the stats of the new ship.
AND on that topic.

I still think the thing is as ugly as ships get, but it does have some very nice stats. I am liking the 4/4 weapon slots along with the whole can load cannons. I honestly really like the stats. It's a good ship.

Too bad I will never fly it.
Oh, I'll do the winter event and get one, maybe even one for a couple toons.
But, to me, it's just a butt-ugly ship.
I have to echo a sentiment from somewhere above me in this thread.
Why couldn't the Galaxy Dread have a stat out like this ?
I mean , seriously.

And lastly, a question. In canon, the Klingon ships were resistant to the breen energy disapater. Will there be any way to reflect this in the game ?

Thanks for a great ship, Devs.
Sorry I'll never fly it.
It is an old battle against rational or irrational thought, usually always revolved around one topic: The competence of Cryptic, that would be the center of why we argue against one another.

Now he can say I am irrational, or I can say the same, but who is right?

Only the facts can say, and those facts clearly state, the recent stats and consoles of newer ships, doffs, etc are throwing the game balance out the door. If you don't try to get Cryptic to balance this mess in a rational manner, it will only get worse.

That is a guarantee ~

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,780
# 114
12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Will you people not talking about the 27th S7 Blog, the Breen Chel Grett Warship, and it's stats, please take your personal arguments/attacks to a different stage? If you want to explain how/why you think this ship is OP or not, or express potential build stats, that would be one thing to debate. Going on and on for pages about how much someone does/doesn't support/complain about Cryptic or if they do/do not reply to your argument, is so off topic is makes me LONG for a Report button.

Please.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
...its sort of a high tier damage dealer, if you dont count on target up time, which it will have very little of in a dog fight. also no 2 AtB capability, that what makes ships like this with a wide variety of station powers truly deadly, and it cant use that.
Dontdrunkimshoot, will you please explain this some more. What do you mean about the Chel not having on-target up time? And forgive me, but what is AtB, and why does not having two of it a bad thing?

Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 12-05-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 523
# 115
12-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Mewi and Trek21, I will just say this.

Take your PvP someplace else. You have both derailed this thread enough at this point, and you both sound like petulant children who just need to have the last word in your petty little argument.

Not a single one of the rest of us, gives two piles of feces, about anything either one of you are saying anymore, because both of you have gone past the point of saying anything useful (one of you never even tried), and you are now just continuing to derail the thread for your own petty little insult contest.

At this point you have both made yourselves look bad enough. Grow up.
Good point hippiejon! The thread has gone totally off topic and just let me say this...

It wasn't just Mewi and Trek21... it was me aswell. I apologise and I'm shutting up now. I've had my fun although I still reckon Mewi should not be so opinionated and respect not only what the Cryptic devs have done for us by giving us this freebie, but also realise that we all have our own opinions and not everyone has to agree with them!

Anyway... That's my two cents and sorry for my part in derailing the thread!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 116
12-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
You you people not talking about the 27th S7 Blog, the Breen Chel Grett Warship, and it's stats, please take your personal arguments/attacks to a different stage. If you want to explain how/why you think this ship is OP or not, or express potential build stats, that would be one thing to debate. Going on and on for pages about how much someone does/doesn't support/complain about Cryptic or if they do/do not reply to your argument, is so off topic is makes me LONG for a Report button.

Please.


Dontdrunkimshoot, will you please explain this some more. What do you mean about the Chel not having on-target up time? And forgive me, but what is AtB, and why does not having two of it a bad thing?

Thank you.
He is talking about ability to get a fast moving target in a 45 arc for Dual Heavy Cannons, you improve this by improving your turn rate. And AtB is Auxiliary to Battery, you'll find memorizing PvP acronyms really irritating, there is like a new one every patch lol. Personally I find it easy to just type them out.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 12-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,106
# 117
12-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
a vet ship with a sci LTC sloted looks more dangerous to me. down on hitpoints a tad but with a more useful, minmaxable station setup. a vet ship with a LTC eng is stupidly more dangerous.

you know im usually 1 of the first to screech and howl about something being op, but i just don't see it here. was it you that insisted the fleet patrol was on par with the bug ship? im still trying to figure that one out.

the truly OP ships are the ships that do 1 thing well, that are further buffed to do that 1 thing well even more. the bug ship and recluse being the best at dilivering damage and healing damage respectivly, and the most OP in their field.

this ship looses what makes an escort do its thing well, and lets it do other things pretty good in exchange. in the end your left with something closer to mediocre then op. i see this as a fun ship that will fit my preferences well, a ship that can do most of everything, but not be a standout at any one thing. its not that at all. the 10 consoles, 8 weapons, its sorta needs that to be competitive really.

i mean, this ship cant even use 2 AtB. if it could, like the tac LT was a 2nd eng LT, then HOLY CRAP ITS OP, with tech doffs.
Yeap. I've seen him use the OP words on many other ships in the past and tend to agree with him most of the time.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,106
# 118
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
He is talking about ability to get a fast moving target in a 45 arc for Dual Heavy Cannons, you improve this by improving your turn rate. And AtB is Auxiliary to Battery, you'll find memorizing PvP acronyms really irritating, there is like a new one every patch lol. Personally I find it easy to just type them out.
It's why just because you can use cannons doesn't always mean you should. More so if you don't know all the tricks.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 119
12-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Yeap. I've seen him use the OP words on many other ships in the past and tend to agree with him most of the time.
Her* but I don't think I've stated things as over powered too much, I did argue against the vet KDF ship as over powered compared to the fed vet ship, and the KDF being allowed to have maco shields as being over powered.

But generally I'm nearing the point of... what is the point anymore of trying to get them to do game balance? Their greed seems to be their only motivation, not providing content that will keep this game running in the long term.

Ah well~


Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
It's why just because you can use cannons doesn't always mean you should. More so if you don't know all the tricks.
I don't know if you think that is what I believe, or if you are just saying it, ;p just to be clear, I like the unique approaches to weapon usage, over the limiting arc of DHCs. I was just explaining what dontdrunkimshoot was saying in context.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 12-05-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,761
# 120
12-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Dontdrunkimshoot, will you please explain this some more. What do you mean about the Chel not having on-target up time? And forgive me, but what is AtB, and why does not having two of it a bad thing?

Thank you.
like mewi said. if your DHC never run cold and keep a target in your sights, you will end up dealing a lot more contents damage to your target that they cant out heal. with 13 turn, thats far below the 17 and up of the best damage dealing escorts.

this ships will be nearly hopeless in a dog fight, it will have to rely on TB, and 2 APO taking up the COM and only LTC slots to compete. even then it will still be at a disadvantage, all the other scorts already run 2 APO. it is sturdy though, good hitpoints, and 3 eng, 3 sci stations. or 2/4.

aux to batt with tech doffs lowers the cooldown of all your running abilities whenever AtB is used. with 2 copies of AtB, you can have just about any station power at its global cooldown without haveing to double up powers. this is great on tac focused cruisers, and ships like this that have a wide range of station powers. but it leaves your aux in the toilet, and does nothing to make an escort hit any harder, they already have 2 of all the tac powers they need. or make a healer heal any better, a healer cant be effective without high aux. it sorta just buffs niche builds that before were underpowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
It's why just because you can use cannons doesn't always mean you should. More so if you don't know all the tricks.
i would never recommend anything but DHCs with this ship, same thing for 9,10, and 11 turn rate kdf cruisers. but they have EWP and TBs for holds, and room for 2 or 3 turn consoles as well as full cruiser durability. make no mistake, the breen ship is a DHC ship.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 AM.