Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 572
# 11
12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
LOL! You owe me a new keyboard and a new bottle of water. Haha.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Sorry dude! I'll send ya one of these and put the keyboard on my tab!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,022
# 12
12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I still want to add this is entirely optional, and if you want to do it without paying, you can You can't blame it for existing

Well, someone had to say it And it has
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 260
# 13
12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
But it will only cost $18.19 if you bought Dil off the exchange.
But
If you don't want to pay money, it will only take 12.5 days to get he Dil if you maxed 2 characters everyday.
Hadn't thought about it that way. Hmm, not sure I want to pay any more money, so I'll ask for the time off from the field and lecture circuit. I'm sure my students and my firm won't mind.

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,068
# 14
12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hmmm. I'm not seeing that...



LOL! You owe me a new keyboard and a new bottle of water. Haha.

EDIT: I'm not laughing at the cost, I'm laughing at c0nd's joke. I've passed along your feedback about the costs to the team.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Since you are passing along feedback. Tell them to make the special limited project require GPL instead. Use the useless currency for useless cosmetics. My fleet has stopped doing the limited special projects because we are too small to maintain that cost.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,032
# 15
12-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clannmac View Post
Hadn't thought about it that way. Hmm, not sure I want to pay any more money, so I'll ask for the time off from the field and lecture circuit. I'm sure my students and my firm won't mind.
Why would it take more time off?
You had the time to post here, so you had the time to play and get Dil...

You say you have 15 members in your small fleet? 15 people will take 1.7 days to finish this project if you all maxed your refinement for 2 days.
Unless you can only play a total of 1.9 hours a week... then you could still make the Dil since it only takes about an hour to get 8k dil.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Registered: Oct/2009 , LTS : Feb/2011
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 572
# 16
12-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Since you are passing along feedback. Tell them to make the special limited project require GPL instead. Use the useless currency for useless cosmetics. My fleet has stopped doing the limited special projects because we are too small to maintain that cost.
Keep in mind tho that GPL costs EC via gambling in Dabo and I'm running out of EC on a few of my toons paying for commodities etc. for reputation projects. I'm sure others are finding themselves in the same boat.

This has to be taken into consideration! (We aren't all rich in EC or GPL... Same way as we aren't all rich in dilithium)

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 12-05-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,068
# 17
12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
Keep in mind tho that GPL costs EC via gambling in Dabo and I'm running out of EC on a few of my toons paying for commodities etc. for reputation projects. I'm sure others are finding themselves in the same boat.

This has to be taken into consideration! (We aren't all rich in EC or GPL... Same way as we aren't all rich in dilithium)
That is true but, EC is far easier to obtain than Dil.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 260
# 18
12-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Why would it take more time off?
You had the time to post here, so you had the time to play and get Dil...

You say you have 15 members in your small fleet? 15 people will take 1.7 days to finish this project if you all maxed your refinement for 2 days.
Unless you can only play a total of 1.9 hours a week... then you could still make the Dil since it only takes about an hour to get 8k dil.
Whoa; slow down there, Turbo! My comment was sarcasm. And, I supose you'll have to pardon me - I thought we were joking back-and-forth, here. 'Wasn't trying to rumple your feathers, nor to take this onto the Vulcan "facts-n-figures" plane.

But, since we're here, the reason it took us so long to grind out the dilithium I mentioned is because we're all more-or-less casual players, and some of us are much more...casual...than others (meaning it's only a few of us really inputting anything). So, "days" and "hours," used in this manner, are relative terms.

Also, as an aside, taking time to read and/or post on a lunch break - which only takes a few minutes or so - is not the same as taking time to play, which, a) I can't and wouldn't do from my office at work and, b) would require more time than I actually have in a day at any point until after I get home.

At any rate, I thank you for your input on the dynamics and logistics regarding how we might go about doing the 'Special Project;' your suggested time frame would work if we got everyone doing it, I'm sure. But, my take-home point was that, however cool this particular aesthetic upgrade is, 200k is WAY too expensive given the outlandish input requirements for other projects - to obtain things that are actually practical in-game.

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 572
# 19
12-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
That is true but, EC is far easier to obtain than Dil.
That is also very true unfortunately... especially since some of our easy ways of obtaining dilithium has been taken away from us! B'tran to name just one!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 20
12-05-2012, 06:08 PM
When can I have this as an actual Melee Weapon. I wanna pull some Final Fantasy on here.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.