Captain
# 21
12-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I've passed along your feedback about the costs to the team.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
that will fall on deaf ears as always
Career Officer
# 22
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
So far our fleet has added every single possible extra. This has been paid for mostly by a small handful of people that buy Zen and convert to dil. We will continue to do this for the starbase but I cannot justify ?12 GBP or $18 for something hardly anyone will look at and which has no purpose other than to look pretty.

Embassy special projects need to be totally rebalanced, something like 20K dil and I think all fleets would buy them, but at 200K you are not going to see a big uptake. it is simpley not worth the money, whether ingame money or real world money.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 23
12-05-2012, 06:07 PM
It's completely optional and you don't have to spend a dime on it.
Career Officer
# 24
12-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Meh, so far I think the Embassy projects have been better on average than the Starbase ones. Both more elaborate (the Nanov tank definately beats some plants and the Fed not-quite-ready room) and more appropriate. Romulan art(ifacts) in a Romulan embassy, makes sense. Old props, fan-art and a dancefloor belong in a clubhouse, not so much in an in-universe military or research/science facility. Same with the nanov tank, it's there for a reason other than a latent desire to desert starfleet and start a seafood restaurant (fishtanks).

They're pricey, the projects, sure. Especially for idiots like me who just couldn't let go of their personal little alt-fleets, and are really feeling every one of those 200K units. The Embassy ones haven't been awful, though. Granted, only two projects in, room yet remains for disappointment, but I'll cling to any hope I can get.

(Put in a wallscreen in the Fed conference room, or holograms on the glass, and I'll reconsider it when it comes around again. On the other hand, you could drop the price to 0 dilithium, and I'll still not get the lineup of "Heroes of Starfleet" blowup dolls. That's just inappropriate, dude.)
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 12-05-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 25
12-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
that will fall on deaf ears as always
If they really were deaf, the STF no-Dil changes wouldn't have been reversed in the first place And also, just now in today's Holodeck patch notes, all the Store Unlock/Costume Unlock/Direct Gear/Consumable projects in the Reputation system have had their cooldowns reduced from 40 hours to 2 mins...

People have been complaining about the times a lot, and this feedback doesn't sound like it's fallen on deaf ears to me Maybe unlikely is more the word you're looking for
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 26
12-05-2012, 11:34 PM
So, the giant sword is a gift from the Romulans (Containing surveillance technology no doubt) and the artifacts are all things we've found around the planet and brought back to the embassy ourselves.

This is a free project then right? I mean everything is either a gift or found and brought back by hand.