Commander
# 21
12-06-2012, 05:03 AM
According to the Sun website, he's Khan.
Empire Veteran
# 22
12-06-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
If you freeze frame the bit when Benedict is flying through the air then starts beating on two people, they look like Klingons. They have the mask, looks like a baldric on one, and a bat'leth in the hand of the other one.

edit

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...KLINGON1-1.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...klingon2-1.jpg
You're right, sir. And I SWEAR he got our ridges wrong. :|

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 23
12-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
This looks like a good movie but JJ's Star Trek is beginning to look less and less like Star Trek and more and more like Die Hard in Space. It's pretty clear to me JJ has never even watched Star Trek, it's not all about killing and explosions, it's about exploration, not only exploration of space but an exploration of the human condition.

To me JJ's films are just exploitative popcorn movies designed to rake in as much cash as possible and using the Star Trek IP as a wrapper. I hope I'm wrong, but even the poster picture looks more like Batman than Picard.
Yeah ... I enjoyed the first one, but this one feels like he has completely derailed the concept that is Star Trek.

When it comes down to it ... He might just make Star Trek Online look like the true Trek power and storyline when its all over.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Rihannsu
# 24
12-06-2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
According to the Sun website, he's Khan.
The sun is a waste of space when it comes to fact checking. they will just use the latest rumour and peddle it off as a fact.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 25
12-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
This looks like a good movie but JJ's Star Trek is beginning to look less and less like Star Trek and more and more like Die Hard in Space. It's pretty clear to me JJ has never even watched Star Trek, it's not all about killing and explosions, it's about exploration, not only exploration of space but an exploration of the human condition.

To me JJ's films are just exploitative popcorn movies designed to rake in as much cash as possible and using the Star Trek IP as a wrapper. I hope I'm wrong, but even the poster picture looks more like Batman than Picard.
Agreed - so far as I am concerned the trailer is, as the movie will be, gold plated crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Empire Veteran
# 26
12-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:

If you do the research, you'll know that he DOES have a general knowledge of ST, but prefered Star Wars as a child They needed a new take on the franschise for the general audience, ie not made specifically for ST fans. What better way to get that than from him?

You probably won't like it, but that is the perspective about this whole thing: He knows what ST was about, and he's making sure this new Trek isn't like it, because that's the point. It has ST's name, and it's characters, but that's about it in similarities. But rather than focus on comparsions, I'll personally enjoy it on it's own merits, as a standalone alternate version of ST

And on this thread's note, definitely liked the trailer (though the woman with blond hair's acting could have been shot better), and am excited for it. Villian sounds like Khan in wording, but looks like Gary Mitchell... hmm, will have to see about that.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 12-06-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Career Officer
# 27
12-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
If you do the research, you'll know that he DOES have a general knowledge of ST, but prefered Star Wars as a child They needed a new take on the franschise for the general audience, ie not made specifically for ST fans. What better way to get that than from him?

You probably won't like it, but that is the perspective about this whole thing: He knows what ST was about, and he's making sure this new Trek isn't like it, because that's the point. It has ST's name, and it's characters, but that's about it in similarities. But rather than focus on comparsions, I'll personally enjoy it on it's own merits, as a standalone alternate version of ST

And on this thread's note, definitely liked the trailer (though the woman with blond hair's acting could have been shot better), and am excited for it. Villian sounds like Khan in wording, but looks like Gary Mitchell... hmm, will have to see about that.

So basically selling out the ST IP to appeal to a new dumbed down audience. Where are the real stories, why does everything have to be about an explosion every two minutes, if I want explosions I'll go watch Mythbusters. JJ should watch some of the TNG shows, Q Who was right up there along with episodes exploring the human condition such as The Inner Light, what it means to be sentient with The Measure Of A Man, these are some of the great stories that catapult Star Trek far beyond Star Wars and films of a similar ilk,

Roddenberry had a vision all right, the fact we are discussing this 50 years after that vision was first put to paper confirms that. It's up to us the real fans to ensure that his vision is not corrupted and violated in the endless search for $$$.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Finally the KDF get a real killer ship:[Combat (Self)] Your Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - High Yield III deals 229218 (73803) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
12-06-2012, 05:45 AM
The more important question is, who is the Blonde? The more I look at her, the more I think it's Elizabeth Dehner. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Dehner but doesn't she die in JJ's Where No Man Has Gone Before? I still think this guy moves like an augment though.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/187h...g/original.jpg
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website

Last edited by warpedcore; 12-06-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Commander
# 29
12-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
The sun is a waste of space when it comes to fact checking. they will just use the latest rumour and peddle it off as a fact.
Well, yeah. I didn't say the Sun was right
Commander
# 30
12-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Villian sounds like Khan in wording, but looks like Gary Mitchell... hmm, will have to see about that.
Perhaps it's Khan Mitchell, genetically engineered cross breed of Khan and Gary Mitchell?