Lt. Commander
# 51
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Well I was trying to connect to www.startrekonline.com which doesn't work currently but www.startrekonline.com/frontpage apparently does. XP
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
As Devchats are usually at ungodly hours in my morning (like 430am) I shal post the q's that were missed in Ask Cryptic.

- In the shows all we saw on the Fed side were essentially 3 types of phaser from a small handheld to a phaser rifle. Will be limited thusly, or shall we have an Elite force type range of weapons?

- How will targetting work (PCs, NPCs and inanimate objects assuming one can phaser a boulder or debris away)? Will it be FPS style mouse controlled targetting or lock on style targetting?

- How will damage levels, hit % and crit % be handled? Will it be skill based or will it go up automatically with each rank?

- Will be able to use the environment to our advantage, e.g phaser a bridge to collapse with enemies on it or cause a rock fall over enemies?

- Will we be able to stun our enemies? As Feds usually prefer stun over actually killing them.
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot View Post
What you could describe as 'ground combat' occurs relatively rarely in Star Trek episodes, and when it does, it is typically brief. On that note, some questions: How would you describe the blend of action to 'story' elements in the game? How will this action be integrated with the story? Will some missions be heavily combat based, and some more 'talky', and will this be clear when accepting missions?

Thanks
will there be missions in which the main goal is repairing something or bringing medical aid. it seams to me that the non-combat based missions will be more interesting to people who chose to play a scientist or engineer. some combat makes it more interesting but I would be equally satisfied if a diplomatic solution can be found and its really up to the player how things are handled.

so these are my questions:
  • what can I do on a mission besides combat?
  • can you talk and trade yourself out of situations that would otherwise lead to a fire fight?
  • will there be a "spacecraft" skill that will make it easier for you when you try to trade or negotiate instead of fight (if that is even posible)?
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Remember all, this is for COMBAT questions based on the chat from earlier .. so no interiors or any of that.

As for the dev chat it was POSTPONED until later this week.

Yes the CO and STO sites were down for some reason, and Rekhan was afraid to go and ask them to bring them up quicker because ... last time someone came back from the tech room with a missing arm ...
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTerri View Post
Remember all, this is for COMBAT questions based on the chat from earlier .. so no interiors or any of that.
Weeeeell, to be precise, Rekhan didn't actually say "combat questions only"; he asked if anything from the entire Ask Cryptic seemed unclear...

...which included the subject of character kits.

So there's a little wiggle room for non-combat questions.

--Flatfingers
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-13-2009, 01:15 AM
When you beam down to fight player to player, player to npc, etc. if your ship DOES in fact stay in orbit is it open to attack? Or is there not going to be much space npc activity for it to matter? If there is tho and your ship is attacked will you be autotransported back, ending your mish, or lose your ship?
Lt. Commander
# 57 Surface Landing
08-13-2009, 01:41 AM
In regards to a few star trek voyager episodes, Voyager posses the ability to land on a planet much like us taking a shuttle craft down for an away team, My question is will we be able to through our ship design posses the ability to perform a maneuver such as landing our starship, and if not will the ability be introduced later on in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-13-2009, 04:15 AM
Will different Species have different abilities in ground combat? E.g. Aenar a blind so will they be not as good in ground fight as other races or something like that?

best regards

Spike
Lt. Commander
# 59
08-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Will the environment/atmosphere or weather conditions affect your weapons, speed and such?
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isengardtom View Post
Will the environment/atmosphere or weather conditions affect your weapons, speed and such?
they answered this in the last ask cryptic. No. environmental effects will not affect your character's abilities. However, it is something that cryptic is looking into.