Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 The Holiday Event is Live!
12-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Q's Winter Wonderland is now open and ready for you to explore! Jump in-game now to participate in special events that could earn you unique rewards, including a FREE Breen Chel Grett Warship.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Crash ? lol
Rihannsu
# 3
12-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
We?ll see you all at Q?s Winter Wonderland and Happy Holidays from the Star Trek Online team!
I'm at work now, but eagerly await getting home and visiting the Winter Wonderland (in about 7hrs >sigh< ).

Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings back at you Team STO!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 4
12-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Sweet! Can't wait to get home and see what kind of chaos Q is up to.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Yayy! Let's just log in and check the ne....

"patcher failed to connect to patch server" Oh.

WHHHHYYYYYYY ?
Captain
# 6
12-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Hey Bran,
Any chance the c-store will have a holiday sale ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 7
12-06-2012, 10:31 AM
From the blog:

"Each day you will be gifted with forty (40) Autographed 8?10 Glossy Pictures of Q upon completing the ?Fastest Game on Ice? (the same race seen during last year?s Winter Event). This means that player captains that can participate in the event 25 times during the 35+ days that the Winter Event will be active, will have earned their way to a FREE Starship!"

It seems that you actually have to WIN the race to get the pics, not just complete it. I've tried several times so far and have yet to win...so the rewards are not quite being GIFTED to us as the blog describes...
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 8
12-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirusvoxx View Post
From the blog:

"Each day you will be gifted with forty (40) Autographed 8?10 Glossy Pictures of Q upon completing the ?Fastest Game on Ice? (the same race seen during last year?s Winter Event). This means that player captains that can participate in the event 25 times during the 35+ days that the Winter Event will be active, will have earned their way to a FREE Starship!"

It seems that you actually have to WIN the race to get the pics, not just complete it. I've tried several times so far and have yet to win...so the rewards are not quite being GIFTED to us as the blog describes...
Completing = winning. You need to beat the NPC, but you can try again until you beat it. Once you get the hang of the track, you'll end up beating the NPC each time by a longshot (tip: jump or roll to stop yourself from sliding). The PvP race has separate rewards for placing and participating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 9
12-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The PvP race has separate rewards for placing and participating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I just did the PvP race and I got nothing for participating in it. I know I was 4th so I'm guessing there is nothing for those who finish 4th or later.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
12-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirk13 View Post
I just did the PvP race and I got nothing for participating in it. I know I was 4th so I'm guessing there is nothing for those who finish 4th or later.
You should receive a handful of Winter Epohh Tags for completing the PvP Race, but we're currently tracking some issues with Open Missions (like this race) occasionally cancelling themselves before being completed. We believe it's related to server load, but we're still investigating.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Closed Thread