I have a toon that has 5 Holiday Gift Receipts from last year. Can I turn those in somewhere this year, and if so, where?
We'll let you do something with them in a future patch
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWE_BranFlakes If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
I guess I just feel a bit let down as I was expecting a "gift" from Cryptic, but instead I've been given yet more grind...
Sorry you're having trouble Sirusvoxx. Give these tips a try:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock
Last year this was my technique:
* The thing to remember is the NPC Racer doesn't sprint, they only ever "trot". So if you get a lead, you don't have to sprint again the whole rest of the race. You can relax and take your time. With that in mind:
* At the start of the Race, sprint nearly the whole opening straightaway. As you get to the first turn, reduce speed (depending on your skill you can just stop sprinting and slide, double-roll, jump, catch a corner, etc.) and make the turn.
* If you can make that first turn after sprinting, just casually trot through the rest of the course. You'll win, cuz the NPC Racer will never catch up. The end.
This is how I taught my 61-year-old (at the time) STO-playing father how to complete the race all by himself. He's a little arthritic and has bad eyesight (cataracts, well, had them, gone now, yay!), but he would win about 90% of the time using the above methods.
* This is not a "try it once a day"-restricted event. If you fail, don't worry/fret. Just run straight across the middle of the map, requeue with the Race Coordinator, and try again.
* Some of the turns have "snowy corners" that are still considered in-bounds, and are not slippery. Once you learn where these are they are great for stopping, taking short cuts, and making better turns.
* Those last couple of hairpin turns have major snowy corners that are still in-bounds. You can almost run straight through them (that's an exaggeration, but if you spend a little times testing where the track fails, you'll see what I mean).
* It is possible to sprint the whole race. Once I got my practice up, I was doing it all the time... You don't need to, but it can be a fun challenge. I got to the point where I was regularly overtaking the race in front of me! In fact, if I didn't at least lap the NPC Racer in the previous race (ie the one that started before me), I considered myself a failure. LOL
Disclaimer: This notes are all in regards to last year. I'm at work right now and haven't done the race this year, but I expect it to be the same.
If it helps in determining what's causing the inability to pick up snowballs from piles or get special items from piles while doing so I've found something wierd going on. I noticed that though I can't pick up snowballs or get special items from piles while doing so, when the snowball fight starts the snowball throw does appear in my powers and I can add it to my tray and then when I pick up snowballs they get added to the snowball throw power even though they stils do not appear in my inventory. Atleast I can still participate in the snowball fight I just can't get snowballs or special items from the piles under normal circumstances as others can
ffffffOk I've figured out the problem with the "can't pick up snowballs issue". It's not that you can't pick them up. The problem is that when you have the Throw snowball power your first 1000 snowballs go into that power and into your characters device slot and when they start melting the entire pile starts melting so since they stack in piles of 1000 if you have them equipped to use during snowball fight when they start melting if you keep picking them up you never gain any more in your inventory as the pile you have equipped just constantly keeps melting and since the pile is in a melting state they are also useless. I've been able to get around this issue by simply discarding all snowballs when the melting process starts and start collecting fresh snowballs.