Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,716
# 21
12-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The solo one you need for the Chel Grett. I guess picking it up on 7 alts is gonna take more than 5 minutes per.
Ah got it. Sprint on the stretches, drop to jogging in the turns, uses the Kirk Roll in the apex of the hairpins to quickly change direction. I guess not too bad.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,792
# 22
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Ah got it. Sprint on the stretches, drop to jogging in the turns, uses the Kirk Roll in the apex of the hairpins to quickly change direction. I guess not too bad.
Yeah, you'll get the hang of it. It's not that bad at all. Yes, at first it seems so, because you're thinking your under the pressure of a race. When I first started I was faililng all the time. Once I realized the illusion (that the NPC Racer isn't racing, he's always trotting, never sprinting), I could relax and mosey the whole way. Never had* to roll or do anything more difficult that trot.

*Never had to, I chose to, to keep it fun/exciting, and to more quickly get through all my alts, but that was my choice.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 23
12-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
Not True.

I got several collectibles from digging up snowballs. I have also received a Winter Epohh tag or two from digging for snowballs.
I tried this and have gotten some items.

But I can't help think how easily people can exploit this and setup bots to farm these piles and sell the items for EC.




BTW Cryptic, the Event Alerts are pathetic. You need to have a Red Alert type notification.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,716
# 24
12-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
BTW Cryptic, the Event Alerts are pathetic. You need to have a Red Alert type notification.
Shields up Red Alert! Derange Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goon off the port bow!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 25
12-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Shields up Red Alert! Derange Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goon off the port bow!
Better than missing the event because the notification doesn't pop out.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 269
# 26
12-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
But why is the only way to buy items is through the Lobi Store?

That really takes the fun out of the event if it costs you real money to enjoy it.
What are you talking about Azurian? You never ever have to pay a cent for this event. Do your one quest race, fight evil snow man, and your set, you can get everything you want no problem.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 27
12-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Do you get more rewards during the Snowman fight based on performance, or can you just stand around and get the same stuff as anyone else who actually participated?

I was just standing around after killing maybe 4 snowmen, because I had to go AFK for a few minutes, and came back to a reward window of three items. If that's all you get, period, then I'm not even going to bother.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 433
# 28
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
FYI, cryptic usually updates these events as time goes on. If there is an exploit they usually remove it and if something is broken there is a good chance they'll update it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 29
12-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliusnight View Post
What are you talking about Azurian? You never ever have to pay a cent for this event. Do your one quest race, fight evil snow man, and your set, you can get everything you want no problem.
As mentioned above, you get the same stuff by fighting the snowmen. And the PvP Race only rewards Snow Epohh Tags.

So only option left is to buy the other items or make a BOT and dig for days in hopes you get the other items.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,963
# 30
12-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
As mentioned above, you get the same stuff by fighting the snowmen. And the PvP Race only rewards Snow Epohh Tags.

So only option left is to buy the other items or make a BOT and dig for days in hopes you get the other items.
The snowman fight is every 30 minutes and the even is open for around 35 days. thats a long time.

if you want them faster then yes you can buy lobi as with most things in game there is a quick option, but with such a long window and all the items being fairly cheap, all it takes is a little patience.

not much to ask for some pretty nice costumes and items.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 AM.