Rihannsu
# 31
12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
The snowman fight is every 30 minutes and the even is open for around 35 days. thats a long time.

if you want them faster then yes you can buy lobi as with most things in game there is a quick option, but with such a long window and all the items being fairly cheap, all it takes is a little patience.

not much to ask for some pretty nice costumes and items.
I don't suppose you can post a picture of the store, and do you know how many Holiday Collectables are awarded for fighting snowmen?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Do you get more rewards during the Snowman fight based on performance, or can you just stand around and get the same stuff as anyone else who actually participated?

I was just standing around after killing maybe 4 snowmen, because I had to go AFK for a few minutes, and came back to a reward window of three items. If that's all you get, period, then I'm not even going to bother.
You get more for participating. My loot went up by a factor of 3 when I bought a snowball gun and started using it
Lieutenant
# 33
12-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Just a note that I also got a couple holiday collectibles from critting one of the holiday doff missions (only completed a few so far, critted one). Probably not as efficient as snowball fighting, but it's another source.
Rihannsu
# 34
12-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I don't suppose you can post a picture of the store, and do you know how many Holiday Collectables are awarded for fighting snowmen?
Not the whole store but http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x..._2010/SHOP.jpg

the rewards seem random and probably are attached to how much you help out. i got a mixture of each item. qts were only 1 for some, some where 7.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 35
12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Not the whole store but http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x..._2010/SHOP.jpg

the rewards seem random and probably are attached to how much you help out. i got a mixture of each item. qts were only 1 for some, some where 7.
Thank you!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Do you get more rewards during the Snowman fight based on performance, or can you just stand around and get the same stuff as anyone else who actually participated?

I was just standing around after killing maybe 4 snowmen, because I had to go AFK for a few minutes, and came back to a reward window of three items. If that's all you get, period, then I'm not even going to bother.

In the giant snowman battles that I really contributed in? Got 7-8 items typically.

edit: I keep quoting the wrong thing, because the forums I'm most often posting on, the quote/reply/etc buttons are at the bottom
Career Officer
# 37
12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Loving the winter event again, Christmas is almost here, some nice additions and no real issues. Only odd thing I notice is that sometimes whilst skating the battle music starts even though there is no snowball fight going on. I love the winter event music and it's a pain when the battle music begins for no reason. Other than that I love it, nice place to go and relax with a coffee or something stronger and watch people having fun without killing something LOL.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Finally the KDF get a real killer ship:[Combat (Self)] Your Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - High Yield III deals 229218 (73803) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
Captain
# 38
12-06-2012, 04:59 PM
only trouble i had with the race was the rubberbanding from the servers being overloaded today. almost lost the race because of this.

youd think after 3 years they'd do something about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Commander
# 39
12-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
As mentioned above, you get the same stuff by fighting the snowmen. And the PvP Race only rewards Snow Epohh Tags.

So only option left is to buy the other items or make a BOT and dig for days in hopes you get the other items.

Left to buy other items? All the items you need to buy everything but the ship drop from the Snowman fights, and they happen very regularly. Yes it may take you 7 of the 35+ days of actually playing to get all that you want, but that is hardly a lot of time. You don't have to use Lobi for anything, if your so impatient you can't enjoy the new content for couple days, then that is your concern. But its not Cryptic's issue, they provided you with the means if your willing to delay gratification a little.

So you really don't have to, and they are being very generous with this event, they could easily have put that ship in lock boxes and made loads of cash, and we should recongnize and be grateful for that fact.
Career Officer
# 40
12-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
You get more for participating. My loot went up by a factor of 3 when I bought a snowball gun and started using it

Oh goody, so gotta by the gun to get decent loot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliusnight View Post
Left to buy other items? All the items you need to buy everything but the ship drop from the Snowman fights, and they happen very regularly. Yes it may take you 7 of the 35+ days of actually playing to get all that you want, but that is hardly a lot of time. You don't have to use Lobi for anything, if your so impatient you can't enjoy the new content for couple days, then that is your concern. But its not Cryptic's issue, they provided you with the means if your willing to delay gratification a little.

So you really don't have to, and they are being very generous with this event, they could easily have put that ship in lock boxes and made loads of cash, and we should recongnize and be grateful for that fact.
Please, it's not about instant gratification.

Last year's event, you got a random chance at rewards from completing the race. This time you either have to wait 30 minutes for these holiday items and spend your time digging in snow piles.

You know I got other things to do, so either I have to grind snow piles or not get anything from the event. So how is that fun?