Commander
# 11
12-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robboace View Post
Sorry but Im very well aware that different games use different protocols, routes etc to access the servers etc.

The argument of it is the 'sto servers are having a problem' is quite true in the fact that if you look at my nettest and tracert results it confirms I seemingly have no problems.
If indeed the boston hops are a problem then it still confirms that the routing to the server needs to be changed for people located in my locale and othesr that pass through that area.

I do not find your condescending manner of explaining how online games work to help at all
Call it whatever you will, there are several others posters that state that "oh, my connection works with X game so it must be YOUR server". And that argument simply does not work. If you, as you claim, understand that different games use different routes, then why make the claim that it can't possibly be a transit issue?

Your nettest is fine, but the final hops of your trace do raise an issue. I do recall pointing that out in my post as well.

Changing routing is not as easy as the snap of a finger. It's not the first time this issue has come up with STO (if I recall, in fact, there was another issue not so long ago with a different Cogent route that took forever to resolve), and it involves hoping that the ISP will actually do something about it, as this is not something PWE can directly influence.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Ensign
# 12
12-06-2012, 04:22 PM
I have not claimed it is not a transit issue at all. However it is still not from my end that the issue is at, it is in the routing of the data packets.

Obviously routing cannot be changed as simply as that but with the amount of people with the same or similar problem (patching, disconnections and server not responding then urgent action needs taking.

Please try and be a bit more polite instead of condescending in your manner as some people do understand how the internet in general works.
Commander
# 13
12-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robboace View Post
I have not claimed it is not a transit issue at all. However it is still not from my end that the issue is at, it is in the routing of the data packets.

Obviously routing cannot be changed as simply as that but with the amount of people with the same or similar problem (patching, disconnections and server not responding then urgent action needs taking.

Please try and be a bit more polite instead of condescending in your manner as some people do understand how the internet in general works.

Not trying to be condescending, really. You're someone that does understand a bit in general, I'll grant you that--you just happened to be the person who was standing at ground zero when I went on my rant.

There are, unfortunately, many that don't understand how the internet works. Too quick to level their finger at the company without performing even basic diagnostics even when the instructions to do so are at their fingertips.

Methinks I rant too much, though, I suppose. Must be getting cantankerous.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-06-2012, 04:39 PM
server not responding here either.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-06-2012, 04:45 PM
lagging out or server not responding.

fix it please
Career Officer
# 16
12-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Quit the bitchfest you bunch of girls... Most people here have no idea wtf you are even talking about! All we want to do is play the game... Happy Christmas!
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2012, 05:30 AM
Server not responding, constant disconnects since the launch of the Winter event. Lews, please don't bother telling me to check my routing, as the game ran fine and I play daily prior to the winter event.
Ensign
# 18
12-08-2012, 05:41 AM
here it comes again server error... when will they ever learn to do a patch that is flawless.... bummer