Career Officer
# 41
12-06-2012, 05:10 PM
The event has been live for less than a day, and you are already complaining that "I can't get my stuffs fast enough !!!"

WTH is wrong with people.

Less than a day.
And we're already whining on the forums about how this event is not rewarding the collectibles fast enough ?

You can't be serious.

Or maybe you are, and you will really use ANYTHING to complain about.

You know what they have made these regularly appearing snowman battles.
A really rather simple race once you know the tricks.

They are giving away a FREE ship, and the items are all quite affordable at the way they have set up the event. They couldn't have made it easier unless they deposited the collectibles into your account.

But I imagine, nothing they ever do, including giving you an easy easy chance at free stuff would ever be good enough, because you have simply decided that Cryptic is full of evil people out to ruin your fun.

Go play a different game.
You obviously have no fun here anymore.
Even when they give us fun and free stuff to do.
Empire Veteran
# 42
12-06-2012, 05:20 PM
The Winter event is even better this year!

I got ganked by killer snowmen, had huge snowball fight with Rachel, Boss, Senshi bat and many others for about 30 minutes and then got to fight a huge uber Snowman Lord!

I enjoy it. Let the whiners chew coal.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 43
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
You're my hero.
Captain
# 44
12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I mostly just want to do a daily or two to get a decent handful of collectibles, rather than have to hang around for a few hours doing a snowball fight every half hour for a small amount.

It's not so much the speed of acquisition as the method, but that's just me. It's still better than last year's, though.
Captain
# 45
12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
I think it's a solid event.

They have you playing for what 2 min on the race a day for a free ship ?
Once you are there you can even afk a snowman fight and get resources for an item reward.
Plus if you want it right away you can go to work on some snowball piles.

New jackets look great, the new ship is luxery and I am laughing everytime I see a snowball fly.

I had no crashes lag or any bugs, really zero to complain about whatsoever.

If you set it up so people basically just had to log in for their christmas presents they'd just go afk right after. It's only natural you have to actually play the event and the rewards are quite generous I think.
http://i.imgur.com/7lZe6A0.jpg
We no longer include the forums, or players in general - tacofangs
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
12-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Chewing firestone is forbidden during the Christmas Season due to accidental Breath Weapons discharges in close quarters with crowds of people.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
12-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I just want to repost this here to warn the community about this possible event that may not be fixed, I dont have any extra characters to test if this is still a bug, but can some please check? It your over excitement you meant permanently break your character.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31#post6969931
Career Officer
# 48
12-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
The event has been live for less than a day, and you are already complaining that "I can't get my stuffs fast enough !!!"
More like, "I don't want to sit in a zone all day when I want to do other things, but only way I can get these items is buy with Lobi, sit every 30 minutes for a big snowman, or spend the day digging in snow."

Quote:
They are giving away a FREE ship, and the items are all quite affordable at the way they have set up the event.
Don't recall ever complaining about the Free Ship.

Really think it was a nice thing for them to do that.

Quote:
because you have simply decided that Cryptic is full of evil people out to ruin your fun.
Nope, I actually like the Devs and enjoy chatting with them from time to time in PMs. In fact I had a little pre snowball fight with one before the Winter Event started.
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Did you know collecting snowballs give youa free drop? I was able to get a boilan candle and terran holkiday ornament.

So many ways to gedt items this way including through lobi crystal and vendor boxes. Thank you crypti for not making it a total grijnd to get evertything this year. /not sarcasm
Captain
# 50
12-06-2012, 06:42 PM
1x autograph for winning a single race and a 19hr cooldown...

30 odd days to do it in.

1000 needed.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! More chance of splitting the atom with a hammer and chisel.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...