Lt. Commander
# 1 ST characters
12-06-2012, 07:55 PM
With all this new content coming out, and the claims that season 8 will fill out the KDF and add more story to STO, it leaves me with the question: Will we ever find out what happened to several of the unmentioned ST characters? I don't expect to see the likes Avery Brooks or Patrick Stewart lend their talents to STO anytime in the future, but I would like to at least know what happened to some of my favorite characters (i.e. did the prophets ever let Sisko leave the wormhole, what happened to Chakotay, what about Nog?) As nice as it would be to see those characters show up in game, I just want to know what happened to them in a loading screen or something. I would like to know what happened to the following characters:

Captain Sisko
Julian Bashir
Chakotay
Tuvok
Nog
Neelix (even though he was annoying as hell, I would still like to know what happened to him and the Talaxians)
The liberated Borg from Unimatrix Zero (especially the Klingon General that took over the Sphere and helped Voyager fight the Borg)
Hugh the Borg

If anyone else has any they would like to add, by all means
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
12-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Neelix (even though he was annoying as hell, I would still like to know what happened to him and the Talaxians)

if / when cryptic open up the delta quadrant to the game and we get to visit that asteroid.... he will be.. if he isnt already... dead.
Commander
# 3
12-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Tuvok is the 2nd officer on the Titan under the command of Capt Riker. Chakota is the Current Capt of Voyager and on a deep space exploration of the Delta Quad with Capt Esrie Dax and the USS Aventine. (That book is where the Vesta class came from) Neelix is the prime minister of his people living on his astroid base that since the quantum slipstream came into use has become a very active port for federation ships heading to the Delta Quad. Bashier Served a very long time on DS9 then section 31 sent him to Breen to stop them from developing a slip stream dr. He then left and served as Chief Medical officer on the Aventine but fell in love with his Capt and then returned to DS9 but still does special assignments for section 31.

Last edited by admgreer; 12-06-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm19delta View Post
With all this new content coming out, and the claims that season 8 will fill out the KDF and add more story to STO, it leaves me with the question: Will we ever find out what happened to several of the unmentioned ST characters? I don't expect to see the likes Avery Brooks or Patrick Stewart lend their talents to STO anytime in the future, but I would like to at least know what happened to some of my favorite characters (i.e. did the prophets ever let Sisko leave the wormhole, what happened to Chakotay, what about Nog?) As nice as it would be to see those characters show up in game, I just want to know what happened to them in a loading screen or something. I would like to know what happened to the following characters:

Captain Sisko
Julian Bashir
Chakotay
Tuvok
Nog
The liberated Borg from Unimatrix Zero (especially the Klingon General that took over the Sphere and helped Voyager fight the Borg)
Hugh the Borg

If anyone else has any they would like to add, by all means
Please no, CRYPTIC does a horrible job in putting decent and logical storylines and/or explaining the appearance of certain characters.

I rather have them leave out canon characters and only briefly mention their feats in some text or log.

Captain Sisko to me remains outside of time, and remains untouched - and without the acting talent of Avery for the voice of Sisko - let him remain in the Celestial temple.

somethings should remain untouched, especially now that Canon is even more so out the window.

Best option, join a good RP Fleet and roleplay certain events with your favorite Trek Characters.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Icheb is now a Lt Commander, stationed with Naomi Wildman on Deep Space K-7. You can go talk to him whenever you want (though he doesn't say much).
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2012, 10:07 PM
I Thought those were alternate timelines. If I'm not mistaken, the massive Borg invasion, and subsequent dissolution of the Borg Collective, never happened in this timeline, so it would make sense to me that any number of those other events would be changed as well. I know it says that Ezri is the captain of the Aventine, but who's to say she came about it the same way. Didn't she get her command after the rest of the command group was killed in battle? There's so much speculation, and all of this alternate universe crap, that I don't think anyone really knows exactly what the hell is going on.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Career Officer
# 7
12-07-2012, 12:21 AM
If I remember correctly the books aren't even to 2400 yet, so everything we see is farther along in their timeline. Also pretty much all the books that came out a year or so before STO moving forward are a separate time line.

I seem to also remember seeing somewhere that in STO timeline Chakotay is head of Starfleet Intelligence, but the rest I think are starting to retire - For example, last I saw of Tuvok he was XO of Titan, but that was when Tasha Riker was born, and she's now grown up and married to Picard's kid, with three kids of their own.
Republic Veteran
# 8
12-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Please no, CRYPTIC does a horrible job in putting decent and logical storylines and/or explaining the appearance of certain characters.

I rather have them leave out canon characters and only briefly mention their feats in some text or log.
To hell with that...I want Picard!!!!!!!

Lieutenant
# 9
12-07-2012, 03:50 AM
The books aren't canon either and pretty much all of them suck post TNG: Nemesis. The only way to find out what happened to them is if another TV series comes out that mentions them.
Haters hate what they can't do - which is everything outside of hatin' - Kevin Smith
Career Officer
# 10
12-07-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfelly View Post
The books aren't canon either and pretty much all of them suck post TNG: Nemesis. The only way to find out what happened to them is if another TV series comes out that mentions them.
I usually tend to agree, but when I see actual cast members play themselves in a fan created productions it really confuses the boundaries for me.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*