Captain
# 21
12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I might give it a go because I do have a KDF who is more than a contraband farmer and he'd look pretty cool at the head of one. But my Fed main already has a small collection of ships I never fly.
# 22
12-06-2012, 07:13 PM
The race is pretty easy. You just need to run, turn your toon before a turn so he slides into it, cut corners and catch a bit of snow so your not always sliding on the ice. Just stay between the flags. Got 3 toons and I won 3 times and I even overtook the player in front of me twice. Same track has last year. Practice makes perfect!
One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 12000+ Accolades [Fed Tac VA] Viper [Fed Tac VA] Athena [Fed Eng VA] T'ozz [KDF Tac LG]
Forum Member Since Feb 2010
Captain
# 23
12-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes it does get easier - in total I have done it 9 times now. Running against the Breen man is easy but the 4 legged animals are faster(as they are in real life). Eight legs for the spider I think.

The guy is way back but the aminals are right on my heals.
Career Officer
# 24 Best Idea Ever!
12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Here's an idea! Increase the number of photos we get on the last week. Toss in a patch and up the amount to 80. That way it gives some breathing room to those that are struggling. But those that had no trouble won't notice because they'll have their ship already.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Career Officer
# 25
12-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markparsons2012 View Post
Same track has last year. Practice makes perfect!
Yes, if you had trouble, do a few pre-runs and time yourself. Then when comfortable, do it for 'real'.

I have 4 toons and was 4/4 on day one because I ran that track ALOT last year.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Empire Veteran
# 26
12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
After running the race on 3 characters - failing it 2x - I can say there is NO WAY I am going to run that race 25 times on my 6 main toons - 3 KDF 3 FED

150 times doing that race - I think I would blow my head off

Sure by the 6th time I had done it I was used to it - more or less - it still is a bugger to keep ahead of the creature you are racing against.

I really hope as I asked before they could lower it to 20 times - not because of the multiple character issue - just that this time of year is so busy and players should not have to feel like they have to give up on family or friends just to complete the 25 times out of 35.

I just think a small adjustment would make people feel better toward Cryptic than they have given the recent changes(all good so far) Less stress this season is better for everyone and I am sure Cryptic does not want any of it directed their way.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyone else feel the same?
I had to try it, I just did, more out of curiousity. I ran the race for the ship articles on all my toons on my main account, and only 1 toon on my sec account (I ran out of gas by then). - Lucky the wife was away all day at my inlaws.

I have 41 toons on my Main and 9 toons on my sec account = 50 Toons

I ran the race with 42 in total.

Started at 2pm and finished at 7:05pm - total of 5hrs

No freakin way will I ever do this again, and wanted to gauge my eyes out after running the thing for the first 1hr and a 1/2.

I pretty much have the race pattern down pack - Trust me anyone who know me on these forums, I had my issues with trying to obtain the Red Gift Boxes, meaning I ran the races every day since it started until it finished in an attempt to get the BUG ship.

The race is made slightly difficult during the Giant Snow Man event, players tend to grief by pulling the snowmen minions into the race track, that and the fact that they also appear on the track.
Career Officer
# 27
12-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I'm not doing it at all.

I'm not interested in a new ship skin. The bridge configuration isn't something I'm too keen on either.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 28
12-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Yeah, I'm not doing it at all.

I'm not interested in a new ship skin. The bridge configuration isn't something I'm too keen on either.
Do they have screen shots of the Breen bridge?
Career Officer
# 29
12-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Do they have screen shots of the Breen bridge?
Not that I know of, but I mean more like the Boff configuration.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 30
12-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
I had to try it, I just did, more out of curiousity. I ran the race for the ship articles on all my toons on my main account, and only 1 toon on my sec account (I ran out of gas by then). - Lucky the wife was away all day at my inlaws.

I have 41 toons on my Main and 9 toons on my sec account = 50 Toons

I ran the race with 42 in total.

Started at 2pm and finished at 7:05pm - total of 5hrs

No freakin way will I ever do this again, and wanted to gauge my eyes out after running the thing for the first 1hr and a 1/2.

I pretty much have the race pattern down pack - Trust me anyone who know me on these forums, I had my issues with trying to obtain the Red Gift Boxes, meaning I ran the races every day since it started until it finished in an attempt to get the BUG ship.

The race is made slightly difficult during the Giant Snow Man event, players tend to grief by pulling the snowmen minions into the race track, that and the fact that they also appear on the track.
That's mental - if you tried that every day for a week - I am sure suicide would follow!