I'm sorry, Brandon. But I just can't in good conscious vote for STO this year. Because I honestly do not believe it deserves it this year.
The Gameplay has been nothing but boring grinding.
While Graphics holds up, only ships have improved while other graphics has beem in the meh department.
And the community, it's actually worse than it was a year ago. Just look at the STFs. DS9 was a community and there were dedicated channels for doing STFs, now they are all empty. And public pugging is just very anti-social.
So while I admire your pep, I just don't think STO deserves it this year.
Agree 100%. Start adding some decent episodic content to the game and STO will deserve an award.
- i am a lifetimer in TSW, haven't log in after completing my first toon there.. just not in the mood, the world is too small, the PVP is a zerg.. but, i am glad to have it, casue Funcom continues to work on their games, so i hope ill be pleased when i decide to give it a try in some months..
i see they have now a "end of the world" event, gotta check that out, lol (love Funcom's love for detail and humour)
- i do play Bloodline Champions now and then, it is a skill based PVP game, but pulverizing Fedballs in my B'rel just feels RIGHT
- i tried Champions online - no ty
- i do have 2 accounts of Anarchy online - still logging into the froob account there, LOVE the music and the daily missions, REAL FUN! you gotta try that! and the story, wonderful! they also have a book to explain the lore (free ebook) music sample here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skY_CS19Fdw
- i have tried SWTOR, have the 60 days sub now, which a friend of mine bought for me, so that i "give it a try, please", but it is just a BAD copy of WOW. If there was a possibility to ONLY go through the toon's story line, and NO side missions, it would be fun...
- after all these years i keep coming to STO as my beloved MMO, so they oughta have done SOMETHING right.. perhaps the franchise (and i still hope to be able to play as a hot "romulan commander")
STO's in #2 for gameplay? And #1 for graphics? Seriously?
Looking at some of the other rankings... what is this, a PW-owned site?
There are probably only one or two companies actively promoting or caring for this contest. Considering that the leaders in this competition are at around 6.000 votes and since votes can be cast multiple times, the big shots probably wouldn't even have to activate their communities. Just having every one their employees votes once or twice would suffice.
On a more serious note. While I like this game, and have been playing it quite a lot in the past few months, I wouldn't place this game Top-3 in any of the three non-subjective categories.
i will not vote, this site is not regulated properly when only two companies are supporting it, meaning if STO isnt the top 5, perfect world will probably pull their support and also there is no mention of mutliple vote counts to artificially increase the core (incidentally? the OP mentioned they qare confident of getting these awards).
on top of this i wont vote because the gameplay is not gameplay at all, its a grindfest. the graphics have not improved since launch, there are still lots of bugs in the game, from the other person who used to play this game, i know the game is full of them and has been since beta. if Brandon had any interest in us supporting anything he should of done the same back well before this but easing off on this grab money at any cost business choice or even competitions to get a free lockbox ship once a while.
there are plenty more reasons, but sto is not even in my top 20 of games i could nominate for these categories.