Survivor of Romulus
# 41
12-06-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't understand why KDF players think this "build it and they will come" philosophy is going to be the savior of the KDF faction.

The KDF tutorial is an annoying as back and forth disaster, the whole city has absolutely no fundamental design structure to it and isn't really enjoyable to be at, and the spacedock interactions/explore the station and get you're first ship interaction is clumsy at best.

Nuke the KDF, pick out the pieces that are decent get the KDF players to make some solid foundry missions that could port to episodes and start the whole thing from scratch not the pre and post launch mess it is.

And no matter what the baseline issue still exists, Cryptic has lost money focusing on the KDF. I believe it was the November Ask Cryptic where Dan stated this fact again.

sometimes they best way to save something is to destroy it and start over.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
12-07-2012, 05:19 AM
I am not going to give credit where I think it is due. In fact, I am going to do the direct opposite.
What faction in either WOW or EVE is neglected as much as the KDF by either CCCP or Blizzard?
I think Cryptic management is failing to grasp that concept that right or wrong, good or bad, the KDF is part of THEIR game. If they don?t fix it (and they have admitted it is lacking) then they are squarely the problem.
And since it is the problem, then we are all backing a looser!

Proof?
How about the words of their own players?
Captain
# 43
12-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
I don't understand why KDF players think this "build it and they will come" philosophy is going to be the savior of the KDF faction.

The KDF tutorial is an annoying as back and forth disaster, the whole city has absolutely no fundamental design structure to it and isn't really enjoyable to be at, and the spacedock interactions/explore the station and get you're first ship interaction is clumsy at best.

Nuke the KDF, pick out the pieces that are decent get the KDF players to make some solid foundry missions that could port to episodes and start the whole thing from scratch not the pre and post launch mess it is.

And no matter what the baseline issue still exists, Cryptic has lost money focusing on the KDF. I believe it was the November Ask Cryptic where Dan stated this fact again.

I don't think "starting it over" is necessary, but I do agree the tutorial (if you can call it that) is a pretty big part of the problem. It's so long and so much work that most new players will give up on KDF pretty quickly.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Lieutenant
# 44
12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post

I actually have to agree with you here...

As much as it pains me so I do have to...

They never did get the KDF right and every half-arsed attempt so far just compliments their failure.

Sure Stahl may say every so often that they plan to work on the KDF but all he goes on about is a bloody tutorial. Does he not realise that down to his own design of only allowing level 25 characters to be KDF that noone will actually play the said tutorial?

Best thing they can do is, as you say completely wipe the slate and start again.

Id love to play a STO or just Trek MMO (my faith in this one is lacking) and get to be a part of something different than the same old tree-hugging crap that Starfleet get up to. Even though this Starfleet is gung-ho and shoot at anything and everything they still lack anything KDF which is unfortunate as all KDF 'content' is essentially just a copy/paste.

All I can say is if they do intend to make Season 8 KDF based then it better be the biggest patch to date. Anything less simply won't do.

Painting over a crack in a wall only hides the problem for a short duration. You have to fix the crack for it to go completely...
Empire Veteran
# 45
12-12-2012, 12:17 PM
KDF fans believe the " build it and they will come" becuase Cryptics "half created" aproach did not work and completing the faction so its a full game play experience will certainly not chase away players if one of the complaints about the KDF is there is not enough draw worth bothering over it about.

they will continue to lose players interested in even attempting the KDF and a potential revenue source if they just ignore it and pander only to the feds.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 46
12-14-2012, 06:33 AM
I really hope they don't actually listen to any of the wipe the KDF from the game BS here. From I've seen of them listening to the KDF, I doubt I have to worry about it too.

Regardless, I like the new First City. I don't play STO often but when I do it almost exclusively my KDF toon so I would really not like 'losing' it because of other players whining about the 2nd class nature of KDF or lack of content. Its a simple reality of the IP that Klingons are not going to be centerpiece - no matter how developed and refined they are in the IP, Star Trek just isn't about the Klingons: they are a distinct but secondary element/aspect of Star Trek.

If you feel like your being ignored because you Really like the Klingon parts of the IP/Game then I can understand that because as I said I primarily play my KDF toon.

Please don't speak about something that would ruin the game for your fellow KDF player community....PW/Cryptic might actually listen for a change and that would ruin our [not just your game] game (even more so than it may be already).
Empire Veteran
# 47
12-14-2012, 07:01 AM
I would not fear a Wipe of the KDF at all.
All we have to do is continue to express our desires in a less than angry way and wait upon season 8 as the "KDF" season, at least in part in that we KDF fans will hoepfully see the start of the completion of the faction.

In fact a more respectful, towards the Dev anyways, approach may be the best thing for us to allieviate old hard feelings but I will leave such a decision up to the individual warrior.

Politics is not my forte'
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 48
12-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
KDF fans believe the " build it and they will come" becuase Cryptics "half created" aproach did not work and completing the faction so its a full game play experience will certainly not chase away players if one of the complaints about the KDF is there is not enough draw worth bothering over it about.

they will continue to lose players interested in even attempting the KDF and a potential revenue source if they just ignore it and pander only to the feds.
It astounds me how since day one that Cryptic has treated the KDF faction like the embodiment of Meg Griffin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NN_y732VGQ

If they were not prepared to build and support a multiple faction MMO then they should have only made the Federation and called the game Starfleet online.

I keep hearing that Cryptic staff has double in size over the past couple of years and yet they still can't seem to find any time to devote to the growth of the KDF faction.

At this point there should be a development group within Cryptic that only works on KDF content.

We were told that once again an upcoming season (this time #8) will be the season that the KDF will get some of the attention that it so sorely needs and I'm already waiting for the back tracking to begin.

The current copy N past content that the KDF gets now would not be so bad if the faction had its own level 1-50 mission content with a decent tutorial like the Federation has.

We all are fans of Star Trek but we are not all treated equal and I think that is my biggest gripe when it comes to Cryptic.

Yep it's my fault the KDF Faction is in the state that it is, I guess I'll try harder
Commander
# 49
12-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm starting to feel ripped of by Cryptic for the KDF treatment. Sadly there seems to be now light on the horizon.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
# 50
12-16-2012, 12:16 AM
I keep on saying this. The KDF side has got potential to be awesome, sure that there a few episodes based on the KDF during the the run of all the trek series, but there is so much room to expand story wise and STO could take advantage of that.

IMO Federation gameplay in STO is just cut and paste from TOS, ST:NG, STS9 and ST:Voy. It is boring and we've all seen it before. It is a shame that developers use copy and paste Fed stuff for the KDF while they are sitting on a gold mine of future trek canon for the KDF faction.
Former Ausmonaut Turned Space Pirate